Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need A Timing Belt.... Gotta Get My Baby Back!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need A Timing Belt.... Gotta Get My Baby Back!!!!

if there is anybody who can help me.... PLEASE!!!! all i need is a timing belt and my baby is running again.... got some goodies to throw on as well.... IM FROM PISCATAWAY NEW JERZZ..... i def need my cb7 back on the road ASAP....

its like $30 at autozone

Comment

i dont know how to change it.... im a rookie in the game feel me....

Comment

Originally posted by rockdillardCB7 View Post
        feel me....
        I'd rather not feel you, sorry.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=timing+belt
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=timing+belt

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Looking good man! Sorry about the timing belt!
          1990 Accord EX

Comment

so what is it your exactly asking for?...the belt?,someone to put it on? both?

btw i won't "feel you" either,so don't ask lol

Comment

Both

i need both so i can make it to the South Jerz meet

Comment

Listen man, ignore the duecher replies. I understand you need the timing belt done but do you realize that your motor is an interference design. Meaning you can't just break a timing belt without other things breaking. Like the valves hitting the pistons. We need to know the exactly conditions of the belt breaking. Like were you driving and at what RPM did the belt break?

You might be looking at replacing the entire motor if it was bad enough.

Edit: This really doesn't belong in the image gallery either.
                Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

i was on a local road with a couple of my buddies....we were doing 2nd gears rolls and i was in third already was about to powershift into 4th....but instead went back into 2nd(fuck).... slammed my clutch.... started hearing a wining noise but couldnt figure out what happend.... start heading for home which was a 15 min drive....then the car just cut off.... and i seen the belt in the road....

Comment

Ooh, that's never a good sign.

And your sure it was the timing belt? not an alternator belt or something else?

Comment

when i got it home the next morning.... check everything.... power in the car was still good n all.... it sound like it wanted to start up but nothing....then popped the vaulve cover up couple weeks later after a friend of mine told me thats what it could be....and there was no belt....and that bought something to mind of the strip i seen in the road under my car the night it happend.... damn this sucks

Comment

Originally posted by rockdillardCB7 View Post

i was on a local road with a couple of my buddies....we were doing 2nd gears rolls and i was in third already was about to powershift into 4th....but instead went back into 2nd(fuck).... slammed my clutch.... started hearing a wining noise but couldnt figure out what happend.... start heading for home which was a 15 min drive....then the car just cut off.... and i seen the belt in the road....
                        I done that. . . Except i went from second back in to first. . . revved all the way to 7700 rpm but i held the clutch and checked everything out . . . momentum takes over the rev limiter . . . i was worried but the last time i looked at my timing belts which was a couple of months ago. . . they looked damn near new. . . But i just thought i would share its a pretty simple process just make sure you have timing marks . . . GL
                        The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
                        Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
                        He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

yeah man.... the car had 200k miles so it needed to be changed ya know.... i was in the process of changing everything but man this sucks.... i need my baby back on the road ASAP.... i just hope i didnt bend any vaulves or anything but couple of people told me the way the motor sounds while tryin to start it once and how it broke.... it shouldnt be bad.... just hope for now bent vaulves.... but thanks man.....

Comment

Working...
                          X