Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new project

When I first got it.

After I lowered it.

That's all I've done so far. I've only had the car about 2 weeks. Alot more work to go.

lowered it with what?

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
      lowered it with what?

A grinder. Cut em myself.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed91cb7 View Post
        Please tell me you will replace those with actual springs sometime. You will tear your susp. up with the springs cut like that. But all in all it does look nice
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

fuck i will see this car in the trash, because its already going there
          the owner doesnt give a fuck about his car

Comment

ideally you should replace the springs/dampers with higher rated units so that you maintain the suspension system's street performance. Cutting springs will cause all sorts of problems, one being crashing.

it still looks pretty nice dropped though.
            DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by slammed91cb7 View Post
              Car is tight, I had cut springs since '04, and I didn't have any real issues other than camber, and truth b told, my cut springs saved me from an accident, if it was car height I would've crashed around this 1 corner in my city, since she was low 2 the EARTH and made all the diff that day.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

yea

Ill get some coilovers eventually. ive had all kind of cars with cut springs. Yeah, its not the safest but I havent ever had any problems. The car is not even my daily driver anyway. Its all Project!
                Last edited by slammed91cb7; 05-17-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                  Car is tight, I had cut springs since '04, and I didn't have any real issues other than camber, and truth b told, my cut springs saved me from an accident, if it was car height I would've crashed around this 1 corner in my city, since she was low 2 the EARTH and made all the diff that day.
                  Thanks Man. Yeah, I've heard all kinda of stories of people actually being saved in crashes since their cars were hammered.

Comment

What kinda plans do u have for her?

Fuck the coil shit for now, every 1 is givin u shit about it, fuk it. Its ur whip.

Check out my signature.. click some links, I'd say clicky the blk housed thread link

Also check out the diy section..

Da drizzy
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

What kinda plans do u have for her?

Fuck the coil shit for now, every 1 is givin u shit about it, fuk it. Its ur whip.

Check out my signature.. click some links, I'd say clicky the blk housed thread link

Also check out the diy section..

Da drizzy
                      shit right now im just working on it hear and there. ill proly end up geting some wheels for it. i gotta figure out wht my d4 light keeps flashing and my speedo wats to work on and off.yea i dont give a fuck what ppl say about cut springs never had any problems like i said look at dudes car thats hating on mine i cant even tell he lowered his shit.

Comment

fuck all those that talk shit about cutting springs or heating them up wit a torch, they dont know shit. coils over suck dick as far as the ride, i've done it all to cars, been into imports before some of u out there had hair on ur balls. my first car was a 73 datsun 610. had a 88 civic in 90 when the only thing u could do to lower it was heat or cut the springs and i never had any probs. the prob usually comes from speed not the suspension
                        Si te digo que el burro es pinto, Es porque tengo los pellos en la mano!!

Comment

How cute.
                          Originally posted by traviezo View Post
                          fuck all those that talk shit about cutting springs or heating them up wit a torch, they dont know shit. coils over suck dick as far as the ride, i've done it all to cars, been into imports before some of u out there had hair on ur balls. my first car was a 73 datsun 610. had a 88 civic in 90 when the only thing u could do to lower it was heat or cut the springs and i never had any probs. the prob usually comes from speed not the suspension
                          Don't be pissed cuz your poor.
                          wat?

Comment

not poor just smart enough to know where to spend my money right.
                            Si te digo que el burro es pinto, Es porque tengo los pellos en la mano!!

Comment

Originally posted by traviezo View Post
                              not poor just smart enough to know where to spend my money right.
                              Like on stickers and fake vents?
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X