Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 cb7 lx f22a1 5 speed sedan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tires, A6 Exhaust Mani, Apex'i Catback, Legend Lip!!!

well i know its been awhile since ive updated, but ive been a little busy, and have done some more mods. working at discount tires, i come always come across good tires that are being discarded, so i pulled 4 decent 195/60/15 bridgestones out of the old tire bin. 2 of them disappeared, but i found two more, unfortunetly they are 185/60/15's. thats okay itll work for now, so the 195's on the rear, 185's on front. still searching for some more 195's. got an a6 exhaust manifold/dowpipe for cheap to replace to old a1, for a little better flow. i was searching craigslist and found a guy selling an Apex'i catback new in the box for $200, retailed for $600, which i swiped up pretty quick. the system is call a Megaphone Dunk, which i believe they dont make anymore. its got a nice quiet but aggressive tone to it, i love it. decided to do catback before header due to the fact that my stock resonator had about 5 holes in it causing some pretty bad leaks. got a lip off a 91 legend coupe which with more than enough help from Justin, was put on last nite an looks badass! while we were there he added some pensoil synchromesh MT fluid also. bought some Spoon resevior socks in blue also, to spruce up the bay a little bit. thats about it for now, sunday im going to get a 92-93 front bumper which im excited about. later on down the road is going to be the 2.3cl big brake upgrade and the battery relocate. also new rear struts!!!

small sound clip of the new exhaust

pics of the exhaust the day i got it and install a few days after

I LOVE My CB7

Comment

The cat on my exhaust did not have flanges on it. so to avoid cutting the flange off the exhaust i just purchased, i used the triangular flange of the old a1 downpipe. had them cut it, weld it and bolt it up to the catback so when i change the header, itll drop right out also, the exhaust mounts that were welded on from the Apex'i factory made the exhaust hang waayyy to low, almost 3.5 inches from the car, so i had them cut the brackets and re-weld it so the exhaust would sit closer to the car. Thanx to Frank at Pronto Muffler!

pics of the legend lip with the 91 front bumper

thats it for now. more updates to come
      Last edited by 1991f22a1; 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM.
      I LOVE My CB7

Comment

thats an awsome setup, sound really good man, keep it up bro,

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

thanks bro. "Progress" is coming along nice. and now to get that ex lip on your coupe! ill hit you up tomorow man!!
          I LOVE My CB7

Comment

so when you coming out to a meet with us?

Comment

wheres the next meet? im in plano every weds. night representin the cb's but i only see one or two others!

Just did the ROH Big Brake Conversion tonite. turned out great!
              Almost done with the battery relocate but the leak in my trunk is causing a shit ton of water to accumulate back there. guna finish that later on.
              Last edited by 1991f22a1; 09-14-2009, 12:22 AM.
              I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 1991f22a1 View Post
                wheres the next meet? im in plano every weds. night representin the cb's but i only see one or two others!

Just did the ROH Big Brake Conversion tonite. turned out great!
                Almost done with the battery relocate but the leak in my trunk is causing a shit ton of water to accumulate back there. guna finish that later on.
                we did a meet last week or so at arlinton parks mall.....so its close for the dfw cbs

Comment

hmm might have to check that out! just got the battery in the trunk! had to have the actual battery replaced by honda, where it was originally purchased. when the honda dealership tested it, it had 118 cold cranking amps out of 550! lol got it replaced for free which was nice. my lovely lady gave me a 12" polk audio sub to throw in the trunk, which i mated with an old sony xplod 250watt amp. nothing to crazy just sounds better than 4 6 1/2's. other than that nothing new. going to the honda meet tonight out in frisco, off 121 and preston.
                  I LOVE My CB7

Comment

yo, what new? any updates

just checkin, did you have fun after the arlington meet?

Comment

nice man i love that steering wheel!

Comment

soooooooooooooooo many updates have followed since my last post. lol ive been M.I.A.!!!!! ill update soon. to tired and damn lazy tonite.

PHANTOM MOTORSPORTS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        http://www.myspace.com/phantommotorsports09
                        I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 1991f22a1 View Post
                          soooooooooooooooo many updates have followed since my last post. lol ive been M.I.A.!!!!! ill update soon. to tired and damn lazy tonite.

PHANTOM MOTORSPORTS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          http://www.myspace.com/phantommotorsports09
                          nice to see you're back bro

and yeah...PHANTOM MOTORSPORTS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hey 1991fa1 how did you put that cold air intake? did you cut a whole by the battery? did you relocate battery so the tube can fit? i have short ram intake but i prefer the cold air set up like what u got. i need some advice please

thanks in advance

Comment

good progress on this ride man . +10 on the work . sweet ride bro .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

looks good bro how lond did it take for your springs to settle in eibach sportline

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X