Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CHR p&p flowbalanced hybrid intake a6/h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHR p&p flowbalanced hybrid intake a6/h23

Well I just heard back from Jeff @ chrracing.com, and he has finally finished work on my intake manifold. Here are the pictures of his work from start to finish, he was very friendly, informative, and offers phenominal customer service and worksmanship. I recieved e-mails from him almost daily with progress updates and pictures when applicable.

Before Pictures:

a6 Runner After Pictures:

h23 Plenum After Pictures:

Finished Product & Flow Numbers w/ Butterflies Open & Closed:

Bonus plugged gutted IAB plate (spacer for doublestack):

I highly recommend Jeff @ CHR Racing, and I would like to thank HondaFan81 (Cisco) for sharing his experience and giving his recommendation for chrracing.com on his MRT.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

looks good, and very professional but i have no idea what what is going on , what did he do with the intake manifold

port and polish?

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Yes, that is a port and polish job, looks great.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I would definitely send stuff to this guy. Almost sent my last head to him when I bent my valves, but I needed a quicker turn around and to get the car back on the road.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

how much does he charge for all that?
          ____

Comment

U gotta pay 2 play. That's great man, how much did it run u?

A matchin head port and a bisi cam shaft, and ull b fukin goldin!
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              how much does he charge for all that?
              $100 for work, $40 shipping total ($20 each way & insured).

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
              Yes, that is a port and polish job, looks great.
              Dead on!

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              I would definitely send stuff to this guy. Almost sent my last head to him when I bent my valves, but I needed a quicker turn around and to get the car back on the road.
              I would definately use him again, I have a spare head ready to send out as soon as I feel its time to replace my head gasket!

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
              looks good, and very professional but i have no idea what what is going on , what did he do with the intake manifold

port and polish?
              Yes, he gasketmatched, flowbalanced porting, and polished the runners and plenum for casting flaws to remove turbulance and restriction.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              U gotta pay 2 play. That's great man, how much did it run u?

A matchin head port and a bisi cam shaft, and ull b fukin goldin!
              $100 for the work, $50 for shipping, packaging and insured for $400 each way . So $150 total. Right now I'm focussing on my a6 conversion + extras .

I have a spare head that I plan on sending to Jeff when it comes time to replace my head gasket, and then i'll throw on bisi lvl 2 cam, pro springs, teflon exhaust rocker spacers, and header is my long term plan. Just gotta save cause your right about gotta pay 2 play.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                $100 for work, $40 shipping total ($20 each way & insured).
                That isn't bad at all...thought you where going to say $400 total
                ____

Comment

Well I got the a6 head, intake and throttle body for $150, and the h23 throttle body & plenum (since the cars aren't very plentiful, was another $150, and I wish I noticed it was missing the fitv and I could have knocked down the price ) After this swap, i'll have a complete a1 intake & tb, a6 plenum & throttle body, left over. All the parts came off working motors with less then 140k on them.

Comment

Working...
                  X