Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Jankness....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jankness....

My car looks pretty janky... and im helluh sad about it...

sometimes i feel like i love my car and I want to fix it up..

sometimes i feel like i just want to get rid of it and start with something already in nice shape.

I'm sure with with some love and some money it'll be beautiful but I cant afford to do anything at all right now.

My front bumper is bent down in like a frown..

Ive tried fixing it but he plastic pieces that hold the corners are broke on one side and just wont stay on the other side.

My rear end got smashed. the corner got fucked up.. you can see my shitty attempt at bondo-ing it. the trunk doesnt line up right on the side that got hit.

My interior is really nice aside from this.... when i got it it didn't even have a handle. other then that there are only a couple little blemishes on the dash.. that actually bother me allot.

I'm just looking for encouragement i guess.. Tell me how not bad it is. lol

you need to give it time patence and tlc.

ps my wag looks worse lol
    back at it again

Comment

dont worry bro, those problems are no big thing

my cb was in a rougher shape then yours and now , its glowing

go to a JY

1. get some bumber brackets( with screws ) , and a same color int door panel.

2. now for the trunk, sand down your old bondo ,bang the hell out of the dent from the inside to pop it out , then use some Duraglass (stronger than bondo)
      and fill in the remaining dent sand down smooth with sandpaper ( start 80, then move up to 180 ) be sure to follow the lines and curves of he body ,
      --now use some bondo or putty to fill in small dips that duraglass had miss, use 100 , then up to 200 grt sandpaper ) smooth and prime her

repaint the trunk and trunk corner white , or just do a whole paint job

hope this is some motivation

its all real easy , just be patient

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Thats minor work take your time on it. I usually use zip ties on the bumper sides. Interior stuff you can get at the JY for cheap. And that dent at the rear corner i have it too, im too lazy to bondo it right now, ima wait til the summer. Thats easy to do.
        My ride History:
        Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
        Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
        Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
        -----------------------------------
        1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Your cars not in bad shap at all..
          I would post picks of mine to show that but im gonna wait untill my body work is done
          aside from that take your time with your car don't rush things

Comment

you think your 1/4 pannel corner is bad?

And I still love 'er
            Last edited by EJX_Michael; 03-12-2009, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks to Urban Dictionary:

JANK
              adj- broken; unnecessarily redundant, superfluous, or meaningless; stupid or ridiculously moronic; bootleg or of questionable quality

I must not be "hip".

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

lol
                back at it again

Comment

Working...
                X