Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wow take a look at this 1990 LX 44k original miles for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow take a look at this 1990 LX 44k original miles for sale

IF I lived near here I would definitely place my bid....I would love to see a cb7 with less original miles than this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Super low mileage old vehicles aren't aways as good as they seem. Cars that sit a lot and don't get driven regularly tend to have a lot of issues that examples with normal/average mileage wouldn't normally have. Friend of mine bought a 1997 Accord with 20k original miles on eBay about a year or so ago. Now at 25k miles, he's looking for a new engine and transmission. The head gasket blew and overheated the engine, among a loong list of other issues the car had. Because the mileage was so low, the previous owner(s) had done NOTHING to service the vehicle... except maybe change the oil (but probably not often enough) oil sludge was another issue. The car needed all new motor mounts, hoses, belts, sensors, brakes (calipers were seized), radiator was cracked, AC compressor seized, needed wheel bearings, etc. I could go on and on... then the head gasket went followed shortly by the demise of the transmission. It was a junk pile. He paid $9,500 for the car. He'd be lucky to get $500 for it a year later. Sadly, he gave up a 1994 Honda Accord with well over 200k miles that never missed a single beat during the entire 4 years that he owned it.

Another close friend of mine just recently bought a 1993 Honda Del Sol with 80k miles on the clock... car looks brand new, but has already left him stranded twice due to issues that were caused by the cars lack of normal use.
    1990 Honda Accord LX coupe
    F22
    116,xxx miles

1989 Honda Accord LX sedan
    A20
    177,xxx miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
    4.5L V8
    70,xxx miles

Comment

OMFG

How?

LOL!

Damn i couldn't drive that if i bought it....id garage it...and go to meeets....thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaHonda View Post
        Super low mileage old vehicles aren't aways as good as they seem. Cars that sit a lot and don't get driven regularly tend to have a lot of issues that examples with normal/average mileage wouldn't normally have. Friend of mine bought a 1997 Accord with 20k original miles on eBay about a year or so ago. Now at 25k miles, he's looking for a new engine and transmission. The head gasket blew and overheated the engine, among a loong list of other issues the car had. Because the mileage was so low, the previous owner(s) had done NOTHING to service the vehicle... except maybe change the oil (but probably not often enough) oil sludge was another issue. The car needed all new motor mounts, hoses, belts, sensors, brakes (calipers were seized), radiator was cracked, AC compressor seized, needed wheel bearings, etc. I could go on and on... then the head gasket went followed shortly by the demise of the transmission. It was a junk pile. He paid $9,500 for the car. He'd be lucky to get $500 for it a year later. Sadly, he gave up a 1994 Honda Accord with well over 200k miles that never missed a single beat during the entire 4 years that he owned it.

Another close friend of mine just recently bought a 1993 Honda Del Sol with 80k miles on the clock... car looks brand new, but has already left him stranded twice due to issues that were caused by the cars lack of normal use.
        That is because it was not taken care of the right way. If you read that ad, it says it had all its scheduled maintenance at Honda. There is no way a car with that low of mileage is worse then a car with really high mileage unless it was treated like shit the whole time.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
        Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
        My member's ride

Comment

I did see and read the ad. It's a very nice car, I'm not denying that... and it may turn out to be a fine car in the future. I was just stating that these low mileage vehicles aren't always a good buy. It has had scheduled maintenance up to 44k miles... a lot of items are affected by age just as much as they are mileage. The list of scheduled maintenance up to 44k miles isn't very extensive...there are still likely A LOT of original near 19 year old parts on that car. Cars with super low mileage often sit for long periods of time and only get driven on short trips...this can cause engine deposits to build up, oil to sludge and many other things. It is even advised in your owner's manual to drive your vehicle on a regular basis and run it for at least long enough to burn off condensation, etc. Even if the oil were changed every 3,000 miles, just how long did it take for the car to travel 3,000 miles? Bottom line, unless you're keeping it in a climate controlled garage, letting a car sit and only driving it for very short distances over a coarse of so many years is not good for it at all... especially if you haven't replaced maintenance items according to their age as well as the mileage (this is probably the most crucial). If I were buying a car for daily commuter use, I'd much rather have a high mileage later model car than a super low mileage 19+ year old car. That Accord would be ideal for a show car, or a CB7 enthusiast/collector. I'd buy it for that purpose, but I don't think I'd want a 90 DX. If it were a 1993 SE, I'd probably be drooling. To use it as a daily driver, I'd have to invest way too much into it.

I guess I've just seen too many cases of these low mileage gems become mechanical (and also electrical) nightmares. I did get lucky with my 1981 Civic that I bought with 59k miles, but believe me, it wasn't without it's issues when I first picked it up. I had to replace quite an extensive list of parts that had just simply gotten old and deteriorated. Afterwards, it was a great car... but remember that a 1981 Civic was extremely primitive in comparison.
          Last edited by ItsaHonda; 11-24-2008, 11:21 PM.
          F22
          116,xxx miles

A20
          177,xxx miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
          4.5L V8
          70,xxx miles

Comment

if those caps are original, I believe it.

Comment

im with itsahonda. a few years ago, I inherited a 86 caddy deville. had the 4100 v8. only 80k miles. always seviced by dealer. acouple months, the alt went out twise, blew both head gaskets, sensor failers, brake problems, overdrive went out. it was a beutiful car. i gave it to my brother in law, who never washed it, door dings. i cried every time i saw it. it barely ran. he tradd it for a beater jeep. when i see it, i want to kick my self for taking the caddy in the first place from gpa. be careful with these low mileage cars.
              you'll love my nuts!

Comment

Too bad it has a little rust and for some reason needed to be repainted?
                wat?

Comment

Yeah very true a low mileage car isn't as good as some people may seem. I own a high mileage car that sits around most of the time now. And stuff does mess up even if you don't use it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2620526 190E Mercedes Benz
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065882 Accord Under major Repairs

Comment

Its neat... but LX auto ??? No thanks. I would rather have a higher milage EX-R 5spd for the same money. Assumuing it would also be rust free.

For a shell to build a race car out of that would be cool though. I would assume its ALOT lighter then the EX-R

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Thats one clean car.. Def would store it.

Comment

Originally posted by angus67 View Post
                        im with itsahonda. a few years ago, I inherited a 86 caddy deville. had the 4100 v8. only 80k miles. always seviced by dealer. acouple months, the alt went out twise, blew both head gaskets, sensor failers, brake problems, overdrive went out. it was a beutiful car. i gave it to my brother in law, who never washed it, door dings. i cried every time i saw it. it barely ran. he tradd it for a beater jeep. when i see it, i want to kick my self for taking the caddy in the first place from gpa. be careful with these low mileage cars.
                        Those mid eighties caddies did all that anyway! The 80s were not a high point for American car manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

OMFG

How?

LOL!

Damn i couldn't drive that if i bought it....id garage it...and go to meeets....thats it.

haha wordd so would i!
                          2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
                          Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
                          1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
                          H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

Those mid eighties caddies did all that anyway! The 80s were not a high point for American car manufacturers.>>>

If you see a 4100 V8 powered Cadillac from the early-mid 1980s, run far, far away... most aftermarket warranty providers wouldn't even cover these cars, they were that bad. GM's first attempt at an aluminum block.

I believe the 4500 came out in 1988, that was a MUCH better version of the same engine... and heck of a lot more powerful. But, enough about Cadillacs... back on topic...
                            F22
                            116,xxx miles

A20
                            177,xxx miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
                            4.5L V8
                            70,xxx miles

Comment

A few reasons why I would not buy!!

1: The car was painted!!! not original paint. the front bumper molding was painted but not the rest? If you look at the vin # you can see paint hit the sticker (made in USA)

2: The car is from NY its a scam!!!...lol

3: the back bumper on the back driver side has a screw holding it together ( NY thing lmao)

Links to my rides :
                              1992 Accord EX*
                              1990 Accord EX
                              1991 Accord SE (4th)
                              1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                              1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                              1991 Accord SE

Comment

Working...
                              X