Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

From an Integra to an Accord...Step up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good lookin accord. I love the swap. Someday I will do the same.

Comment

Power Steering Problem

I know that if I had hours to search, I could probably find the info I need here but unfortunately, I dont have that much time so Id really appreciate a little advise.

My power steering pump makes a terrible groaning noise when I start my car and its a bitch to turn at first. Once Im driving, its ok, but squeals again when I make wide turns.

I dont seem to have any leaks but the fluid is foamy. Do I need to drain and refill my system or replace the pump? HOW do I drain and refill it? If I need to replace the pump, how much would that cost me?

Thanks.

Comment

they will fit...they unilug 4 lug bolt pattern...4X100 which is a civic and integra and 4X114 wich is our bolt pattern

Comment

Thanks for the reply lowandslow. Nice ride, btw.

Comment

How do you people buy these cars for this cheap?!?!? Especially with an h22a? I sold my rusted out civic hatch with stock suspension and over 300k kilometers with a not so great running H22A for $3000 here in B.C. A friend of mine just bought a totally written off 1991 Accord LX with an h22a in it for 2500 just for the parts and engine. And that was talking the guy down...!
            Hondas are way too much money here.

^Click Me!^

Comment

You will never make the money back that you invest in a car unless it is a quality car such as stickydiljoe's car that got featured in honda tuning quite a while back.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I paid $1200 for this car, only because he was a friend of my son's....but would have proabably sold it for $1500 to someone else. I think he knew that something major was going on it and was afraid to ask too much.

I only paid $600 for my integra though. I dont know about BC, but in Quebec and Ontario, you can always find an older model car for cheap, if you're willing to put a little time and money into it.

I just happen to be lucky enough to find inexpensive cars that rock.

Comment

i'd say either your pump is going bad or you're low on power steering fluid. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                    i'd say either your pump is going bad or you're low on power steering fluid. later.
                    What he said you prob need a new pump especially if your fluid is foaming. Thats because the pump is cavitating and drawing air. You said no leaks and if the ps fluid is at the right level most likely your pump is gone.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. We figured it was the pump (due to air getting into the lines - causing foaming). I looked on ebay and can get one fairly cheap but they want the same amount as the pump costs, just to ship it to me here. Well, I'll find one around at a reasonable price. Doesnt look too difficult to do. Couple of hour job?

Comment

ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Carchick_44 View Post
                          Thanks for the input guys. We figured it was the pump (due to air getting into the lines - causing foaming). I looked on ebay and can get one fairly cheap but they want the same amount as the pump costs, just to ship it to me here. Well, I'll find one around at a reasonable price. Doesnt look too difficult to do. Couple of hour job?
                          More like half an hour.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

deff a step up in my book

Comment

1/2 hour Nail05? Great.

Thanks for the thumbs up GameChewer. Im really enjoying the new car.

Im not sure what the "ha ha" was in reference to. I musta missed something funny...

Comment

Working...
                              X