Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Alpine Type-R system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Alpine Type-R system

Hope you like it...it was a biotch to get the door and rear deck speakers in. It's not stupid loud but I was going for a nice clean sounding system and I got exactly that.

2 12's in a sealed box...I wish it fit towards the seat a little more but oh well I got a decent deal at a local place(both subs boxed and wired up for 300).

V-12 Digital Class D Mono amp pushing ~650 rms.

Rear deck speakers are two way 6.5" which I had to dremel the speaker baskets out so I could get them to fit because the magnets were so huge.

6.5" components in the front. These were the real challenge. The magnets hit the window and it would only go down half way. Found those little plastic tubes in my dads garage and we shimmed em out. Tucked the crossover in the door and I think it turned out pretty nice, everything looks stock except the tweeters.

Tweeters.

Alpine 45x4 headunit with flip down detachable face.

Here she is in all of her clear coat peeling, rusty glory.

Last edited by bawambold; 04-25-2008, 06:27 PM.

XXXX out your license plate so you don't get jacked. PERSEC.
    90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Nice setup I love Alpine. We pretty much got the system, well almost. I got the same deck and components for the front but for the rear I got the Type-R component 6x9s, Alpine MRP-F450 to push'um and a Alpine PDX-1.1000 to push 1 Type-R 15, all donated from my old car. Nothing installed yet tho, everything jus sit'n in the closet til I finish other things on the CB that needs to be done, like working door locks!
      Last edited by 1st2run; 04-26-2008, 04:33 AM.

Click ---->***More Parts and Stuff***<---- Click

Comment

You're gonna have so much fun putting it in...not. It's worth it though...this system sounds great and the cb's don't leak sound too bad. My trunk barely rattles with no dynamat and I've never been pulled over for it. My only regret was that it cost too much and I would like to have an amp for the door speakers. GL with you're install.

Comment

nice setup. we have the same head unit.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

decent system.. now get or fabricate yourself one of these on the front doors and get the most out of your component speakers.. doors would sort of act like a box. thus, way better SQ..

Last edited by casterX; 04-27-2008, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Ya I am going to fab a ring like that...I just didn't feel like it that day after fighting through the whole install. I just grabbed those blue pieces cuz they were laying around and it got it to fit(as they say necessity is the mother of all invention)...it actually doesn't sound too bad though. I'll prolly wait a bit though cuz my brother inlaw just picked up a 93 as well and we can just make 4 and get them all done at the same time.What do you think I should make the rings out of? Just some cheap fiberboard?

Comment

can't go wrong with MDF..

Comment

can you make me a set noel?! haha
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Looks Like Fun

WHAT U KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Comment

wow...thats pretty sweet...i still have stock stuff in mine...lol

Comment

lOOKS GOOD, YOU SHOULD FLUSH MOUNT THE TWEETERS
                        NEW PSN
                        H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                        RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X