Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wich one would you choose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wich one would you choose...

wich one would you choose : i want good quality sound and loud bass. can someone guide me throw this, i'm very confuse.

soundstream tarantula t5 12in. 900w rms/1800w peak, 30-300hz
    soundstream pca-1500d mono amp. 1500w/1ohm , 1100w/2ohm , 800w/4ohm.

or

alpine type x 12in. 1000w rms/3000w peak, 24-200hz , 4ohm voice coil
    alpine mrp-m850 amp. 20-200hz

or

MA audio 12in , 1500w rms/3000peak
    MA audio amp. hk401sx 1800w rms mono at .5ohm

or

pioneer premier 12in 1000w rms/3000w peak , 18-700hz
    pioneer premier amp. 1200w rms mono

or i can go with these amp. with any subs in the list

rockford fosgate 1600w rms mono amp

or

phoenix gold ryval v8001 1600w mono , 4 ohm/1200w , 2 ohm/1600w.

the sound stream setup is more ballzy.... lol just make sure if u get a single sub u get dual 2ohm coils.... if 2 subs get them dual 4ohms so u wire to 1ohm but u will need to be lookin for an alt. but all in all i would do the soundstream setup....
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Make sure you make or purchase a good sub box. Otherwise it wouldn't matter which sub you bought it will sound like
      2013 Volvo XC90 Wife's
      2002 Volvo XC AWD Ocean Race Edition 1 of 650 made Son's
      1995 Volvo 850 Turbo (project)
      1982 2WD K5 Blazer On Bags (well half is) Mine
      1995 Jeep Wrangler Mine

Comment

u dont purchase a sub box u build one!!!!! DUH lol u should pay a shop or friend that knows what he/she is doin.
        Members Ride sold...

Comment

i know i need a good box...i will probably make one scealed with 3/4 mdf with the specs of the sub.

what is better? mono or 2 channel for the amp. and 2ohm of 4 ohm is better for the sub?

i will probably stick with the soundstream t5 or pioneer premier sub with the phoenix gold ryval v8001 amp.what you guys think?

sorry i'm a noob in car audio.

Comment

get the soundstream setup u mention its perfect. and as far as the 2ohm or 4ohm is better it depends on how many subs u wanna run. u want a mono block amp. dont do a sealed either u robn ur self of a ton of output and sound!!!!!!!!
            Members Ride sold...

Comment

i'm planning to go with 1 12in sub. why is the ported box better than the sealed one?and whats the differance between mono and 2 channel?a 2 channel a can bridge it but whats the point?

Comment

alpine. cant go wrong

Find me in the canyons

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rider
                  alpine. cant go wrong

x2! I've never had an Alpine blow. Whether it's regular speakers or subs. Type-X subs are.... amazing, to say the least.

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by SpitFire
                    i'm planning to go with 1 12in sub. why is the ported box better than the sealed one?and whats the differance between mono and 2 channel?a 2 channel a can bridge it but whats the point?

You can bridge it, but you run the risk overheating (atleast that's what I was told). I'd just say stick with a mono.

Ported box vs sealed box is just a personal preference. It's just loud, booming bass vs crisper bass.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

well with ported it works better for u speaker by letting cool air flow over the coil(s). and also u get better output and sound if the box is built right. the whole crisp and boomin thing well depends on how the box is built.

most 2 channel amps are 4ohm stable only when bridged.... so u limit urself on what u can run. where with a monoblock there are sum now days that can run loads down to .5 all day long stable.

while the alpine setup was mentioned its a nice setup but u would be lackin the power to get the best output from the speaker.
                      soundstream is a growing company and produce some pretty decent equipment
                      Members Ride sold...

Comment

i made my choice. i will take the tarantula t5 sub 12in.

but i cant make my choice on an amp.

i can get the tarantula t5 or the phoenix gold ryval but i'm not shure if the phoenix gold can power up my t5 sub...

the sub has 900w/rms and 1800w/peak and the amp has 800w/rms at 2 ohm .

can i go under 900w rms for the amp or i have to go higher than 900w rms?

Comment

goin over 900 is such a better thing to do not only is it better for the amp but its better for the sub if the amp is setup properly!!!!!! go with the sound stream 1500d man im telling u get a dual 2ohm coils and that amp wire it to 1ohm and ull be stupid with a single 12!!!!!!
                          Members Ride sold...

Comment

thanks loud92CB7db18.what size the ported box should be?theres not specs on there site.
                            Last edited by SpitFire; 02-25-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I agree with loud92cb7db18 on this one. Dual two ohm sub and an amp at 1 ohm all day. But I'd take the memphis sub (if its dual 2 ohm)

Comment

Working...
                              X