Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Visonik sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i've heard of visonik, but not good things. although it is true that it's better than nothing.

Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=149817
    Over 10,634 miles traveled for CB7 meets and counting!

Comment

stop wiring your sub directly to your deck

Comment

I sure hope your amp has speaker level inputs and a low pass filter.
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou
          Buy a line out converter first
          yes, get a LOC

i have a 10' visonik with 300w amp package, hooked to the factory cassette player with a LOC, the sound quality is actually not bad
          my rims cost more than my car

Comment

Originally posted by Todds91
            i Dont really know my uncle hooked it in too the rear speaker wire because my sony head unit did not have RCA cable jacks in it and we used the fuse box under the driverside kick panel as a 12v. source and a bolt by the tail light as a ground and the REM wire was not getting power so we jumped it to the 12v ( for the time being)
            BTW jumpin the amp REM to constant 12v, is a good way to wake up in the morning to a flat battery

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
              I sure hope your amp has speaker level inputs and a low pass filter.
              I have a feeling that he DOES have an amp, and that it IS hooked up to the speaker level inputs. He just doesn't yet understand exactly what is going on, hence the very vague questions.

And I've read that some speaker-level inputs can only handle so much input power.

1) Run a 6 or 8 gauge wire from the amp 12v+ to the positive terminal of the battery, with a fuse as close to the battery terminal as possible.
              2) The REMote wire can he hooked to the cig lighter or other wire that has power when the ignition key is in the Acc (I) position.
              3)Play with the crossover settings on the amp, assuming it has any.

An pics of it?
              Last edited by Otto; 01-28-2008, 11:00 AM.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
                Do you absolutely have to make the text in your first post in any thread you make gigantic and red? People are going to respond anyway, and it's kind of annoying.
                sry it doesnot look that big on my computer
                Click Here
                1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
                1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
                1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
                2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
                2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

Comment

if you don't know what you're doing, you could cause more harm then good. take it to a pro installer. they may charge 80 bucks, but it'll be done right. Or ask one of your friends that knows how.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                    if you don't know what you're doing, you could cause more harm then good. take it to a pro installer. they may charge 80 bucks, but it'll be done right. Or ask one of your friends that knows how.
                    or u could just take it out and save up to buy better equipment and proper install. Dont ever use a fuse in the fuse panel for a power wire to an amp i should cyber slap u for that kinda stuff. the so called package u have has a total value of 80 bucks maybe.from an installers stand point its junk the build quailty is just poor......
                    Members Ride sold...
                    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I had a buddie buy $700 worth of visonic stuff couse he didnt listen to me when i told him it was junk. Now 3 years later, i got all of it from him for free. I hate every part of it. Amp, cd player, 2, 12", all junk. THe only reason i deal with them is couse i dont care if it gets jacked, witch is very frequent in my hood.

And you know, i havent had my system jacked since i put it in. LOL, i got some smart assholes in my neighborhood.

Comment

Ohh, and ill tell you from experience, dont spend $80 to get a pro to do it. They wont make it sound any better.

That shit will never sound good. Send it back and buy sone cheap JL woofers. Now they sound good for the price.

Comment

not true

They have a 4000D and it is a beast. I'm not familiar with the little stuff, but I promise you even a pyramid sub woofer with its r.m.s. power rating on it in the right enclosure will sound great. Like someone stated earlier its not the best but there is far worse. I recommend losing that crappy all in one setup. Put the sub in a custom ported enclosure tuned to 40hz, and enjoy, I promise you'll be satisfied.
                          Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Originally posted by 1991acclude
                            They have a 4000D and it is a beast. I'm not familiar with the little stuff, but I promise you even a pyramid sub woofer with its r.m.s. power rating on it in the right enclosure will sound great. Like someone stated earlier its not the best but there is far worse. I recommend losing that crappy all in one setup. Put the sub in a custom ported enclosure tuned to 40hz, and enjoy, I promise you'll be satisfied.
                            that uhh 40000d amp is great if u plan on spending 250-300 for the 16volt batts that will be required for you to get close to that so called 4k ..... but if u wanna do that then go ahead yeah its a beast.... on a 16v system?
                            Members Ride sold...

Comment

SWR-1222D

MRP-M450

'Nuff said.
                              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                              Short ram intake
                              Tenrai Himoto catback
                              Smashed front end
                              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

get some balls do the 850!!!!!!! ask urdone about them!!!!
                                Members Ride sold...

Comment

Working...
                                X