Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Power antenna rebuild - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power antenna rebuild - help

Hi all!
    As some already know, I am rebuilding my audio which includes restoring my antenna.
    I know this is probably mad, but heck - here's the deal:
    I removed my antenna to replace the mast, but the metal tube that the mast is in (one coming out of the plastic body, with the aerial plug at the top) rusted and snapped off. So I now have two problems - how do I remove the mast from inside, and how do I get the black plastic thing that holds the aerial plug, off?

I hope to get a metal tube from a local hardware store, cut to length and retrofit in place of the old one hence the question other than how to replace the mast.
    Any ideas?

HONDAMENTALISM

Might be easier to find a replacement one on Ebay or the junkyard...there are several interchangeable ones from other hondas as well...

Comment

Originally posted by sam o nela
      Might be easier to find a replacement one on Ebay or the junkyard...there are several interchangeable ones from other hondas as well...
      x2....just go to the junkyard and get one.....

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

I have a 94 antenna on mine that i got for cheap

I switched the top part that hits the top of the rear fender from my old one to the newer 94 one and it works like a charm
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

maybe the OP doesn't have access to parts gardens with a wealth of cb's like we have in the states.
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((º>

Comment

^ Oops he's right! OPs in Poland!

Comment

If you're talking about what I think you are, I don't think you can replace it. However, you can get a cheap antenna body from Ebay (or a junkyard?) I'm sure. I've rebuilt a ton of Honda antennas and as long as the mast gear (long plastic zipper thing) isn't broken, it's usually just a matter of flipping around the little metal guide peice and greasing everything and you're good to go! Good luck.
              1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

Go to ebay type in 90-93 Accord Antenna.
                There are a few listings, and also quite reasonable on price!
                Using the metal pole will make your reception not so great....
                There is a panel in your trunk you can use to access the Antenna unit.
                Good Luck dood.

Comment

what if the one at the junk yard doesnt work, ebay (just like everyone else said) is a better option for ya!
                  ----------------------------------I ♥ My CB7----------------------------------

Comment

Well, no junkyard for me, even though I'm now in the UK... the CB7 is a rather rare car here in the EU.
                    So much so that I had a neighbour come over and ask what exactly was it that I was driving, because he'd never seen an Accord like that..

Anyways, I think you are right... If I don't succeed in dismantling the bit with the mast inside, I'll have a look for an aftermarket one.
                    Shame though, because the OEM is neatly designed at the tip of the mast as opposed to the bulky design of the aftermarket ones.

HONDAMENTALISM

Comment

Did you also review this?
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...enna+mast+tube
                      '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                      EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Yes, but I admit to not having read the whole thing... mea culpa.

However, my problem is that the metal tube with the mast inside, snapped off right where it is attached to the mechanism body...

So I'm also thinking of taking off the bit where you plug the antenna wire to the assembly - but it looks rather impossible.

HONDAMENTALISM

Comment

Shave it and put one in the window
                          Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                          MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

It is not impossible dude.
                            On Ebay you can buy a new motor, and Tube in one entire unit.
                            It is a few nuts to unscrew then the unit pops right off. These units tend to come with a
                            OEM style nub on the end so the will fit flush with the car.
                            And a Honda Dealer would be sure to have one as well.

Comment

well once you get 8 more posts, look in the ebay classifieds section. A guy is selling a CB9 power antenna for only 50 bucks. I figured since you live in Poland, i'd give you a heads up, since antenna's aren't fairly common, especially over there.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X