Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay Subwoofers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are hundreds of thousands of people active on ebay every day. To "trust ebay" is to trust just one of those many many sellers. You're taking your chances, and nobody can say otherwise. Check their seller rating. If they have a large number of sales, and a decent rating (99% or higher, I say...) then you SHOULD be safe. Of course, YOU should know what it is that you're buying before you even try. So many complaints that I've read on ebay feedback seem to involve the BUYER being uneducated about the item they purchased. READ EVERYTHING.

As for kicker not making subs... riiiiiggghhht.
    What's this?

Subs are their primary product... the first thing listed on their website.

Comment

well kicker doesnt make subs.....

But they do make subwoofers!!

ive bought may car audio set ups off ebay.. like stated above check feedback... also pay only with paypal just in case something happens.... You can file a claim to get your money back.
      DooDoo

Comment

Originally posted by Thatguystuff

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Apparently, our site is populated by a combination of literalists and people who don't get sarcasm.

Not that the attempts at literal sarcasm were really very good. A minor chuckle, or possibly a hearty groan were my only replies.
          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
          '93 EX 5-speed coupe
          Short ram intake
          Tenrai Himoto catback
          Smashed front end
          Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord
            agree
            GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Thatguystuff

my new sig
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
                Apparently, our site is populated by a combination of literalists and people who don't get sarcasm.

And people that live in areas where such sandwiches are called Hoagies or Heroes (Hoagie all the way!)

I got the joke... but knowing the source, it was very possible that it wasn't 100% joke anyway.

Comment

I live in New England, so sub is definitely the word of choice!

(Portsmouth Naval Shipyard is right down the road...go figure...)
                  ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                  Short ram intake
                  Tenrai Himoto catback
                  Smashed front end

Comment

Not that the attempts at literal sarcasm were really very good. A minor chuckle, or possibly a hearty groan were my only replies.
                    hehe your level of comprehension makes me feel dumb

...and that wasnt a sarcastic remark lol!
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

You're not dumb, I'm just a serious geek.

=oP

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end

Comment

about 2 years ago i bought a jl audio 12w7 off of ebay, i was kinda worried about buying a sub for 500 that retails for 7-8, found out that they scratch off the serial number so that you cant get it warrantied, i never had a problem but make sure you ask about it. i ended up selling mine to buy my h22 and its been the worst mistake in my live, shoulda stuck with the 95 lesabre with the loud stereo.
                        New cb, new start

Comment

i do my homework on the sub that they are selling, usually sticking with name brands like kicker and mtx as well as others.

i also read through their ad carefully cause if some dont say "guaranteed not DOA" id always ask. at least say it works. then i look at the cost, usually one product, some geek is going to jack up the price, so i find the cheapest "buy it now" and then judge them on their ratings and how many negitives and positives they have. sometimes i even read through it.

also check on the side to see if you have "buyers protection". that helps incase you do get screwed.

i really really really love the ads that say "product is the picture"
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

how about no, that's besides the point, it sounds more like trying to confuse newbs on here. This is a beginner forum we shouldn't be screwing new members around guys... they'll find out soon enough heh..

as far as ebay vs internet someone said they got their sub of the net, there are tons of small stores online that sell electronics, but I feel safer with ebay + paypal b/c I get to see their feedback. There are a lot of small stores that aren't rated so well and if you aren't sure what to look for then you can get screwed worse than ebay.

Feedback is absolutly key, but with car stuff it goes two ways. You should have 99+ preferably, but there are almost never say car part accessory stores on there with feedback above 98% because there are a lot of kids ricing their cars out who break the product from lack of knowledge, so you have to actually spend the time reading through the feedback to see why they have negatives b/c sometimes it's legit broken sometimes ppl really don't know what they are doing. If your gut really questions it then don't do it. But I've got lots of audio and other stuff on ebay and even with a couple small bad deals I'm still all for ebay. Plus selling stuff on there is good, you get more for some small stuff nobody around you wants b/c the most ppl will be looking for it.
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I bought a USED IDmaxx a of ebay 3 years ago. I still have it and run it at 1000 rms everyday. Do some hw and you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X