Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my ground wire started to smoke and melt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ground wire started to smoke and melt??

i installed my deck and everything was working fine until a couple days later when i started up the car. the ground wired started melting?? i did everything correct, could it just be the deck?? cause when my friend had it he spill some juice on the face. could that be the cause of it?

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
    1991 Galant VR4 #1395/2000 Sold
    1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold
    1990 Galant Base Model junked it
    1991 Accord EX 4DR gave away

a ground wire is just as important as a power wire.

if something draws and uses lots of current, it pulls it from the battery, but it has to get back somehow... through the ground wire to the chassis.

a fuse is nothing more than a wire. when too much current goes thru it, it heats up and burns out.

your ground wire acted as a fuse. for some reason it wasnt getting a good connection so a large amount of current was passing through a small wire. heat, and meltage.

my suggestion for repair: redo your grounds! take them off, sand them clean, and use a new clean bolt.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

a ground wire is just as important as a power wire.

if something draws and uses lots of current, it pulls it from the battery, but it has to get back somehow... through the ground wire to the chassis.

a fuse is nothing more than a wire. when too much current goes thru it, it heats up and burns out.

your ground wire acted as a fuse. for some reason it wasnt getting a good connection so a large amount of current was passing through a small wire. heat, and meltage.

my suggestion for repair: redo your grounds! take them off, sand them clean, and use a new clean bolt.

KUDOS KUDOS LOL I COULDINT OF HAD SAID IT ANY BETTER WOW.

Comment

i was thinking that its the deck, cause it did the same to my dad's truck now it wont start up any more. i mean it does but it'll burn the fuse right away.

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
        1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold

Comment

chassis ground the deck. make sure everything is hooked up properly....what fuse is blowing?
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Sounds like that deck is shorted internal.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
              Sounds like that deck is shorted internal.
              yeah thats what i think too. the deck probably got mess up when my friend spill some juice the face.

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
              1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold

Comment

Your ground wire might've been too small. try using some 4 guage wires.

Comment

Originally posted by StockAccord
                  it was just the stock ground wire that connect to the plug.

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
                  1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold

Comment

buy a new deck..
                    and use a better ground..

problem solved

Comment

honestly for a deck, it dont need a t hick wire.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i'll probably get a new deck later on

1994 Accord Coupe LX BPU
                        1990 Accord EX 4DR Sold

Comment

what head unit do you have??

Comment

yup sounds like deck is internally shorted, I had an old Pioneer do that one time lol I redid my harness 3 times and still had the same problems, then hooked up a different pioneer (with the same plug) and it worked fine...
                            -Josh

91 Accord LX Sedan 5-speed (daily/project) - JDM H22A swap
                            91 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab 5-speed 2.3L (broke)

Comment

for a deck? rofl
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X