Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to Wire Up Subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Wire Up Subs?

OK, i have a 1 channel 900w RMS Amp. It is 4 ohm stable.
    I need to wire up two Subs two it that are 2 ohm stable that are cabable of RMSing 450w. My friend said he would do it for me but i dont have time to go over there at the right time and what not.

I forget how to hook it up. In parallel or series? If i was back in physics class i could figure it out, but i dont remember that well.

Do i just put 2 wires going to each sub coming from 1 terminal from the Amp?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Check this place out, they should have what you are looking for.

JLAudio
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Wire them in series. The amp will see them as a single 4 ohm load.
      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
      Short ram intake
      Tenrai Himoto catback
      Smashed front end
      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

so the wire should run like this?

(+) Amp to (+) Sub#1 to (+) Sub #2? And same thing for the negative?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

Idk man

but on mine i just hooked one amp

just sub 1 (+ and -) to amp (+ and -) and it kicks pretty good

that's how they were wired plus the other sub doesn't have wiring
          so yeah

cheap hollywood shits i got

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
            Idk man

but on mine i just hooked one amp

just sub 1 (+ and -) to amp (+ and -) and it kicks pretty good

that's how they were wired plus the other sub doesn't have wiring
            so yeah

cheap hollywood shits i got

wtf...... this doesn't pertain to anything in this thread.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
            My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s
              wtf...... this doesn't pertain to anything in this thread.
              then why don't you tell him how !

i don't know

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

series is the way to hook em up if u check out most audio sites like rockford fosgate u will find a wiring diagram on how to hook up in series or parallel but yeah u want to hook those subs up in series or get a amp that is 2 ohm stable u push more at 2ohm than 4ohm but thats just a suggestion im sure it will stil sound good and bang hard at 4ohm good luck www.rockfordfosgate.com

Comment

im getting tired of posting this lol..

the12volt.com

look at wiring for subwoofers. series and parallel. its very simple.

if your hooking up 2 subs that are both 2 ohm stable, then you may have an issue with your amp. its 4ohm stable. resistance doesnt work how u might think it does.

you have 2 2ohm subs. so if you wire one in series it will be a 4ohm load, if you wire it in parallel it will be a 2ohm load. now if you have 2 subs at 4ohms going to a mono block amp you have a 2ohm load. theres your problem, if you going to run your current setup without overheating you need to reduce your ohmload or buy a amp that is 2ohm stable. but even then you would have to run your subs in series.

pardon me if im mistaken im working and it took me 15min to get this all typed out between work.

Member Ride Facebook
                  XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

well my Amp is the Kenwood KAC-9102D which is 4 and 2 ohm stable. 850W @ 2 ohms. Im not sure exactly the specs of my subs. But i beleive they are 2 ohm at 300w RMS with Max of 1200W. Im trying to wire them at at 425W RMS

All those sites say thst there is only single coil 4 ohms. I beleive mines are single coil 2 ohms. I could and am probably wrong

Comment

just search the specs for it and find out for sure

Member Ride Facebook
                      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

just search the specs for it and find out for sure

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

OK, here it is in fairly simplified terms. Say you have an amplifier that's stable down to 2 Ohms. 2 Ohms is the lowest TOTAL NOMINAL impedance the amplifier is capable of supporting. Now, let's say you go out and buy yourself two 4 Ohm woofers. Fairly standard fare. You have two options. Depending on how the power output is on the amplifier, you can either wire the woofers in series, so the amp sees an 8 Ohm load, or you can wire them in parallel to make the amp see a 2 Ohm load. In essence, when you wire two woofers of equal impedance in series, you're showing the amplifier the sum of the impedance of both woofers. (Add them together.) If you wire them in parallel, you're showing the amp half of that impedance. (Subtract them.) The actual physics of it is a little more complicated than that, but that's how it works for all intents and purposes. Matching the total impedance of the subwoofer system to the lowest impedance rating of the amplifier is called impedance matching. Now, since your 900 Watt amp is rated as being stable down to a nominal 4 Ohms, and seeing that you have two 2 Ohm woofers, you would want to add the two woofer impedance ratings, or wire them in series. You can do so according to this fairly basic diagram below:

Run the speaker wire from the positive terminal of the amplifier to the positive terminal of one woofer. Run another wire from the negative terminal of that woofer to the positive terminal of the second woofer, then from the negative terminal of the second woofer to the negative terminal of the amplifier. That's series wiring in a nutshell.
                          Last edited by Camurai; 12-08-2007, 08:18 PM.
                          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                          '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                          Short ram intake
                          Tenrai Himoto catback
                          Smashed front end
                          Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

well put. what i was trying to get across exactly.

Member Ride Facebook
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X