Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New system, need amp advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New system, need amp advice

Ok so I sold my old system

Sony X-plode head
    Two MTX Thunder series 12's
    Alpine V-power 700 watt amp

So now I got
    Pioneer Head
    Polk DB's in front and the rear
    Brand new Memphis 10..50 BUCKS!!!!

Basically I just cant decide what kind of amp I want, I've looked around, done the research all that crap....just looking for a little bass and probably some to push the speakers.

My last amp was a single channel amp...what would be good for my new setup and all that...thanks
    Members Ride / Facebook

Get an alpine. Those little boxes put out alot of power. They are awsome. I have an older v12 power and it is awsome. It is only 350 watts butt i was pushing a 1000 watt infinity with it. Now i am pushing two speakers at 350 watts each. It sounds great and is small so it doesnt take alot of room.

'90 Accord EX(project)
    '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
    '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Find out what the RMS power handling spec is for your front and rear speakers and subwoofer are. Amplify them with at least half that rating. For instance, say you have front and rear speakers rated for 60 watts RMS per channel. (Polk DB 6½" speakers are rated for 55-60 watts RMS per channel, depending on which ones you get.) You would want to get an amp that put out at least 30 Watts RMS per channel, preferably more like 50. A 4-channel amp putting out 50 Watts per channel RMS shouldn't cost you much. If the sub is rated for 300 Watts RMS, you would want a single-channel amp pushing at least 150 Watts, preferably more like 250 RMS. Get at least half the rated RMS watts per channel, and try to get as close to the RMS rating as your wallet will afford.

Here we go: Kicker ZX700.5 amp, rated for 40 Watts RMS x 4 plus 200 Watts x 1 @ 4 Ohms, about $200 brand new.

Last edited by Camurai; 12-05-2007, 07:24 PM.
      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
      Short ram intake
      Tenrai Himoto catback
      Smashed front end
      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

I've got a 1200watt 2 channel amp that my two 10"s are going off one channel. I've got my amp pushed up to about umm 20% out of 100% and I have a cross over in the back connected to the speakers and another behind the cd player in the dash. They are pushin so much they sound like 12"s. I can push it more, but I don't wanna loose my trunk LOL! I'd get a sony, that's what I have and mine is doing me more than okay. I got mine free haha.
        Good luck mayne! Deuces

Originally posted by Juice21
        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
        Originally posted by GameChewer
        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Thanks y'all..I've been looking at the Kicker amps and I had that Alpine before, it was small but it rattle your head. My rear's are the Polk 6 1/2 and the fronts are 5 1/4. I'll have to go and look at the box and everything. And that sub is dope so I cant wait to hear it...but thanks for all the advice
          Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

im a memphis dealer what line is ur memphis speaker and is it a DVC???? to the guy worried about loosin ur truck i hope u meant truck space and not blowing the trunk lid.... if u wanna ssee trunk lid action find me on myspace ill show u what happens when 4 8's meet 2500 rms and 41 hz!
            Members Ride sold...
            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

the kicker 700.5 is a good amp. i think 75 watts per channel and 210 4 ohm and 430 2ohm for the subs.

but a better amp would be the eclipse xa5000 casue its 125watts rms and i think 490 rms 2 ohms for the subs. eclipse line of amps has good quality especially the xa series, where the EA series is ok as well. looks a bit slicker and i think a tad smaller than the 700.5.

just depends on what ohms that sub is and how much power you need to push. the polk db series runs around 60 watts rms right? so you dotn need too much to push em...

maybe just get a seperate mono and 4 channel amp. like someone said alpine iamps are great, i have a mrpf240 4 channel at 40 watts rms to my polk db coax and its decent...but my recent upgrade to polk momo component speakers is leading me to getting a new amp (needs 125 rms).
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

rockford fosgate yup yup yup u wanna hear some subs bang with the best of them he he and as far as mids and highs go mine sound crystal clear and super loud on me 4 channel punch p4004 and my dual 10" mtx mzs 1004 vibrate the cabin more than most 12's will with my rockford p3001 but if u really want something that might blow out ur window get some hard hitting 8"ers i have seen these take back windows before lol
                Last edited by accord junkie; 12-07-2007, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18
                  im a memphis dealer what line is ur memphis speaker and is it a DVC???? to the guy worried about loosin ur truck i hope u meant truck space and not blowing the trunk lid.... if u wanna ssee trunk lid action find me on myspace ill show u what happens when 4 8's meet 2500 rms and 41 hz!
                  I dunno what it is I'll have to look at it. I got it from a girl i know, it was sittin in a box and had only been ran for like 15 minutes and then it sat and she said I could have it. I highly doubt one 10 in gonna take up my entire trunk let alone blow it. My old system was loud as shit and i still have all the nuts and bolts left in there..i think lol.
                  Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

forget all that get a kenwood amp, they use very little power, very reliable. i got a mono d 1000watt that i was iffy about back in the day because i didnt know much about kenwood , but long story short it dont use much power and for the longest time i had a bad seal in my trunk and water was leaking al over it and it still worked the next day
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by droppedcb7
                      forget all that get a kenwood amp, they use very little power, very reliable. i got a mono d 1000watt that i was iffy about back in the day because i didnt know much about kenwood , but long story short it dont use much power and for the longest time i had a bad seal in my trunk and water was leaking al over it and it still worked the next day
                      no offense but F*** kenwood...i've had friends that have gone through tons of their stuff and we've spent hours tryin to get it to work...i had a cd player of theres for a month and trashed it...but thanks though...got ne other advice throw it my way i'm still lookin for an amp...

here's pics of that memphis 10...idk bout the model number or w/e else it just says "power reference subwoofer" on the back...

Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X