Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

170 amp alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so is the high output alternator worth the money if your just running a loud system and not a competition system???

--------------------
    sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
    bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
    Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

Originally posted by Pacman91EX
      so is the high output alternator worth the money if your just running a loud system and not a competition system???
      "competition system" means nothing. Its all about current total current draw.

Comment

Good info

--------------------
        sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
        bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
        Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

Originally posted by bgcb71
          punch 4004 for mids and highs.

Is that a 400a4 or a 400.4? Have you hooked that one up yet?

I have 2-500a2 and a 400a4 sitting in my house waiting to be installed....after the coupe is running again.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
            So you say that you have 200 amps at idle?

I never knew they even made more than 150 amp alternators for our cars. I was always told that these Honda alternators were tightly packed from the factory and you will have to get an after market casing or upgrade 10amps over stock.
            Iraggi alternator. I have sold several and they work great.
            Last edited by Radioactive; 11-08-2007, 10:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

for what u have why not try geting 2 yellow tops and running them before u get the alt? i have been running 2 of them for 9-10 months and no problems on a stock alt. i currently am running a memphis 2500d and well shit just look at my sig lol big3 done with 4ga under the hood and 0/2ga from main battery to second one in the trunk.
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18
                for what u have why not try geting 2 yellow tops and running them before u get the alt? i have been running 2 of them for 9-10 months and no problems on a stock alt. i currently am running a memphis 2500d and well shit just look at my sig lol big3 done with 4ga under the hood and 0/2ga from main battery to second one in the trunk.
                Are you aware of what a battery does in a car? That would be a great plan if he wanted to know what would allow him to listen to his system longer with his car OFF.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                  Are you aware of what a battery does in a car? That would be a great plan if he wanted to know what would allow him to listen to his system longer with his car OFF.
                  yes very well aware of what a battery does. why do u ask again?
                  Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18
                    yes very well aware of what a battery does. why do u ask again?
                    If you are aware then apply your knowledge to your actions and posts.

Comment

umm i have that is why i said he should look into geting a second one. it helps with the car on and off.
                      Members Ride sold...

Comment

I have a 170 amp alternator. NO probs. I just have a Fosgate p8004 and some HIDs. I also have an Optima and I run with my highbeams on. No problemas yet. I had it tested and the electrical guy said my alternator "laughed" at his voltage meter. Haha, guess it really is 170amps. Anyway, I do plan on putting ONE sub in the back for shits and giggles. Im really not a subwoofer fan although I used to be. I'm looking into component speakers. If it sounds great, thats all that matters. I need music for MYSELF, not for the 8 cars surrounding me at the stoplight.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired
                          I need music for MYSELF, not for the 8 cars surrounding me at the stoplight.
                          Thank You!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Radioactive
                            Iraggi alternator. I have sold several and they work great.
                            Iraggi alternator! Cost me an arm and a leg about 4-5 years ago. Works well though.

Comment

Originally posted by jtkustomizer
                              Is that a 400a4 or a 400.4? Have you hooked that one up yet?

I have 2-500a2 and a 400a4 sitting in my house waiting to be installed....after the coupe is running again.
                              The actual number is P4004. Here's a link to it http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dpwlm1u...ockford%2B4004

It works great. I have it running my front and back speakers. They sound great even though my speakers are junk. They'll sound much better once I put my components in. I'm currently redoing the whole system. the only thing I'm undecided on is the subs. I'm either going with RE audio sx12's or Alpine type r 12's

Comment

Working...
                              X