Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rear speaker question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear speaker question?

okay i have a 92 dx coupe and i'm wanting to install speakers in the rear. i'm aware that i'm going to need to cut the deck, anyone have any suggestions is to what i should use to cut it?

also how do i wire them up, there are no pigtails or any such of wiring on the inside of the tunk?

anyone?

I would look for some speaker housings you could mount on top of the deck first, and go with some shallow depth speakers. If you just have to cut the deck, I'd go with an angle grinder. Be careful where you cut, I ported the rear deck on my Corolla several years ago and cut halfway through one of the trunk lid tension rods.
    As far as wiring, start pulling trim and run yourself some wires to the rear deck.

Comment

okay for wiring, am i running the wire through the head unit? or the front speakers?

Comment

are you installing a radio with amps?? or just a radio??

if you are running a radio only, install the rear speakers wires to the rear speaker output wire on the radio it self. Since you dont have any wire pigtails in the rear deck, you have to run them all the way up to behind the radio.

--------------------
        sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
        bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
        Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

why do you have to cut the deck
          1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
          2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

i think the DX didn't come with rear deck speakers, so there are no cutouts for the speaker to sit on.

--------------------
            sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
            bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
            Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

Originally posted by Pacman91EX
              i think the DX didn't come with rear deck speakers, so there are no cutouts for the speaker to sit on.
              correct... The dx I have seen have been wired for them though. Id also suggest you buy oem pods for a more finished/ factory look

Comment

Working...
              X