Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speakers sizes and brand related problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you guys strongly suggest for me to get a amplifier right ?

Barrabas !!!

Short ram intake, rasonator, muffler change and 4-2-1 exaust for $25 from the Junky, arospeed coilover springs and ex-jarhead gold 15th Anniversary rims. More mods to come soon !

Comment

it depends on how CRISP u want your sound

also im carribbean, I MUST HEAR MY MUSIC, NOT FEEL IT! so i dont advise in anything below alpine, pioneer's my absolute lowest.

i hate this phase where the bass drowns out the music in alot of these cars nowadays.
      "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by barrabas
        My radio is jensen so, it should be good !
        Jensen is not a very good brand. Probably the best of the garbage out there, but still garbage. My first head unit was a Jensen... the functionality was great... but it stopped working for 3 months, worked for 2 years, and then stopped working again. No good reason for it.

Also, please post in the correct areas. This is not related to engine or suspension performance. I will move it to the audio section for you.

Also, please make your signature picture smaller, or it will be deleted.

Comment

bass only drowns out the sound if you dont know how to set up your system properly. im hittin 125db and im still sounden clear.

jensen=JAS

jas=junk ass shit

alpine and pioneer are not "low" brands. every brand has their low models. but you cant say alpine f1status is low-end.

and if its an ex with the bracket... remove that junk and put ur speaker on the door. that black pod is made for the stock speaker and that only. dont cut it, dont modify, just take it out. 6.5" speakers all the way around, EX has 6x9 pods in the back.

Member Ride Facebook
          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

Pioneer has never been considered a "fancy" brand... but I've ALWAYS liked their stuff, and they seem to live forever. I'm not a major audio nut, but I try to buy all Pioneer.

I've also been told that having the same brand throughout your system is a good thing, since they engineer their stuff to work together. Pioneer speakers will sound better with a Pioneer head unit than with an Alpine head unit of the same caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by m-tec93accord
              it depends on how CRISP u want your sound

also im carribbean, I MUST HEAR MY MUSIC, NOT FEEL IT! so i dont advise in anything below alpine, pioneer's my absolute lowest.

i hate this phase where the bass drowns out the music in alot of these cars nowadays.
              I Lower the size of the picture. It is enough ? let me know.
              Last edited by barrabas; 10-17-2007, 05:47 PM. Reason: writing error

Barrabas !!!

Short ram intake, rasonator, muffler change and 4-2-1 exaust for $25 from the Junky, arospeed coilover springs and ex-jarhead gold 15th Anniversary rims. More mods to come soon !

Comment

Jensen is a low-quality brand, although as stated previously, it's the best of the brands on the bottom of the food chain. Anything basic from Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, etc. would be a step up. For speakers, definitely don't go with anything less than basic Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, Clarion, etc. Watch the wattage range ratings on your speakers to tell you if you'll need an amplifier. Most speakers will have their acceptable power range listed as something like "10-50 Watts RMS, 100 Watts peak" or something similar. Ignore the peak power ratings. If the lower end of the wattage range is equal to or less than the RMS rating of the amplifier in your head unit, you shouldn't NEED an external amp. You may want one with speakers that have a seriously high upper RMS power rating, however.

For example: a Pioneer DEH-1900MP head unit ($99.99 MSRP) has 22 Watts/channel RMS (when using 4-ohm speakers). Pioneer's TS-G1641R speakers (6½", $49.99 MSRP) are rated for 2-30 Watts RMS at 4 ohms. This would be a good match, and you wouldn't need an amplifier. If you were to try to power a subwoofer off the deck, however, you would be severely disappointed. Basically, you want your amp to be capable of at least half of the rated upper RMS power limit. (e.g. if your speaker is rated for 10-100 Watts RMS, you would want an amp capable of at least 50 Watts RMS to drive it properly.)
                ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                Short ram intake
                Tenrai Himoto catback
                Smashed front end
                Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

my 91 ex sedan had 4" in an enclosure for the front and 6x9 for the rears. i opted to put 6.5 coaxials all around using the oem plastic baskets from another honda for the front and an adapter plate for the rear. no need to get nice/expensive speakers if you aren't gonna amp them, but stick to a major brands. i bought polk audio when they had buy one and get another for half off.

Comment

Working...
                  X