Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

amp getting really hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amp getting really hot

ok my amp that im runnin is a small MTX 250 watt and i got it hooked too a single 10 and it hits good but when i go back too check on how it sound i touch the amp and its hot as s**t ive moved it around too differnt spots but it still gets hot any way too stop this?
    Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

What size wiring do you have going to the speaker and to power the amp... general rule of thumb to remember is the larger the guage wire, the better current carrying characteristics.
    "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

that or if u bridged the wires or more likely its in an indisclosed area where it cant get cool air to it.
      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

cut a square into the top of your amp case, and put a small fan into it. thats what I do whenever i hide an amp or its in a spot where it doesnt get much airflow works GREAT
        Originally posted by jboyce
        i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Does the amp cut out? If the amp doesnt cut out then you have nothing to really worry about. I say this from experience. I have an old school rockford power series amp for my sub, and in the summer time it gets hot as to where if you put your hand on it you will get a nice burn mark. But the amp never cut out and its been in full power bridged mode for over 4 years.

A fan will help but if you hook the fan up wrong you will have noise in your system.

Also MTX amps dont really run cool. They like to heat up. I have quite a few of them already.

Comment

do yourself a favor and buy my amp lol it is enough to power as little or as much as you oughta need AND it has a built in fan that its a kenwood. let me know if you ever get interested

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I'm running an MTX amp too, if you're running a Thunder TC series (What i have), its normal for them to run hot, sometimes almost too hot to touch
              (New sig in the works )

Comment

a lot of amps like to run hot. as stated above, if it isn't turning off, then you are ok. my fosgate amp runs hot too. I guess fosgate like to run hot too.
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

well as long as ppl said tha tMTX runs hot that ok cuzz it doesnt cut out and the size wire i was runnin was 4 gag but i backed off too 8 cuzz it was too big but the fan idea sounds good ill give that a try thanx for all the imput
                  Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

research before you put the fan on or you get that whining noise.
                    OLD

Comment

Working...
                    X