Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

amp for W0 sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amp for W0 sub

Allright I'm a complete noob to audio, I dont even care all that much about it but after you shave your antenna and ride around for so long with static radio stations you kinda wanna change things....so i wanna set something up I got a JL W0 sitting in my garage hardly been used...I know cause i bought it years ago and used it in my old car and was wondering what is a good amp or at least decent one for it. It's a 12 inch sub 4 ohms i think thats what the 4 means anyway. Like i said noob to audio....just was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for an amp, not looking to spend a ton of money. Thanks.
    -I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it

if im not mistaken my W0 was 125 watts RMS. Its not a very high wattage sub, but is very loud for its power. I recommend nothing higher then a 400-500 watt amp, but just be careful buying a bigger amp then the sub can handle. I put 300watts through mine for a couple years no problem, but thats not a very smart idea. I do though also think that my W0 was 8Ohm, but i know there were a few different models.

The sig name is new from a local forum. sorry to confuse anyone.
    My Member's Ride Page
    The Accords gone but I will forever belong to CB7Tuner

Comment

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/10_12_15W0_MAN.pdf

Merry Christmas Scroll to the last page for recommended amplifiers.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

thanks
        -I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it

Comment

i've got a nice kenwood amp for sale that would push it really well. here is the link. let me know if you are interested

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=kenwood+amp

just search that thread and you'll see what im talking about. there is also a link in that thread that will take you to a page with all the stats on the amp. its 800 watts max and i believe 450 RMS capable bridged, its also air cooled with a mini fan so you can run it hard, safely. let me know we can talk

-sean
          Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
          Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

yeah, man, i had that amp, it never overheats, but poeple steal them...

Comment

Working...
            X