Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Look At This For Me Experts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look At This For Me Experts!

Okay, I Have A Rampage 500 Watt Amp Hooked Up To 2 400watt Pionneers Subs. Okay The Battery Cable As Always Is Hooked Up Directly To The Battery. Now My Question Is. When I Rev Up Or Idle My Car, The Noise That Comes Out Of My Speakers From The Amp Seems Like It "idles", "revs" With My Car! Its Weird. Now My Question Is What Is That Cause And Could The Cause Be Because Of My Alternator Is Hooked Directly To The Battery In The Same Location That My Battery Cable Is Hooked Up To? At First I Checked My Rear End Of My Car Because Of The Noise Then I Switched Off My Amp With A Toggle Switch And The Noise Stopped. So Its The Amp I Just Dont Know Whats Going On With It. Please List Your Opinions And 2 Sence On The Situation At Hand. Thanks
    1991 HONDA ACCORD LX (MY BABY) COLD AIR, FULL EXHAUST. COMIN UP: CIVIC SPOILER!

Im not really following, is it a whining noise?? If so its alternator whine and they sell a piece that you plug to the amp to filter it out.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Could be the ground from your amp is not good enough.

Comment

NORMAL, I bet you the majority of people with systems in their car have the same noise. try using another spot for ground or bigger gauge wires. I don't even know if that would help. I am not an expert on systems but I do know that the whining noise will not cause a drivability problem and it sounds like it is not coming from the alternator also.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Check your grounds and don't run your RCA cables along side your power wire. That's the easiest way to pick up radio interference.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204
            Im not really following, is it a whining noise?? If so its alternator whine and they sell a piece that you plug to the amp to filter it out.
            It is alternator whine

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
            Could be the ground from your amp is not good enough.
            and alternator whine is cause by poor grounds.

Make sure you have a clean (no paint) ground that is connected directly to the chassis of the car (not a piece of metal that then connects to the chassis)

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
            Check your grounds and don't run your RCA cables along side your power wire. That's the easiest way to pick up radio interference.
            That is another possibility, but I willing to bet that it is a grounding problem rather than electrical interference from you power wire or something else. Did you run your RCA cables on the other side of the car as the power cable or on the same side?

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
              It is alternator whine

and alternator whine is cause by poor grounds.

Make sure you have a clean (no paint) ground that is connected directly to the chassis of the car (not a piece of metal that then connects to the chassis)

That is another possibility, but I willing to bet that it is a grounding problem rather than electrical interference from you power wire or something else. Did you run your RCA cables on the other side of the car as the power cable or on the same side?
              That pretty much covers it...

R.I.P.

Comment

Yeah Actually All Three Of The Wires Are Coming In From The Same Side (remote, Power, Speakers To Radio Output Jack) The Only One That Is Not With It Is The Ground And Thats Connected To The Body Of The Car Underneath The 3rd Brake Light.

Comment

teknik

i appreciate that. and thats exactly what its connected to is a part of metal connected to the chassis or frame of the car.

Comment

How long is your ground wire?
                    It should be no longer than 18 inches and of the same gauge as the positive wire.

Comment

I Agree That The Noise Is Caused Most Of The Time When Rca Cables Are Along Side The Power Re Do The Wiring Separately And You Should Take Car Of The Problem Hope I Could Help
                      PrInCeSs
                      SITTIN ON DUBS NO SCRUB NO RUB!!....PAINT COMING SOON!!??

Comment

my wire running thru to the ground is the same gauge as my positive wire running to the battery. but my ground is probably a foot or less in length. i have my amp directly behind the seat in the trunk and a direct ground wire from the amp going directly above to the chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by addict_cb7
                          Yeah Actually All Three Of The Wires Are Coming In From The Same Side (remote, Power, Speakers To Radio Output Jack) The Only One That Is Not With It Is The Ground And Thats Connected To The Body Of The Car Underneath The 3rd Brake Light.
                          Then try running your RCAs on the other side of your CB to see if that fixes it.

Comment

it is called Engine Noise. You can buy noise filters that sometimes eliminate the problem. Your amp may also have shitty noise filters or they may have gone bad. your speakers are running off a amp correct? never run speaker/rca wires on the same side as a power wire, the electrical current interferes with the signal. my guess is you prolly have shitty rcas too. remember you get what you pay for in car audio. tap a new ground, underneath the rear deck isnt a good spot. you should try to get a stronger part of the chassis. get 3 self tapping sheet metal screws, no longer than a 1/2 inch, and a star washer, tap a hole (make SURE you clear your gas tank!!!!!!!!!!! im not responsible if you f up), pull the screw back out and put your star washer down along wth your ground cable, then screw it back in, then put the 2 other screws holding it in place. I NEVER scrape up the paint it can promote rust. the 3 screws give your ground a stronger connection and prevent it from moving. I've done it this way for 4 years now and seldom have a car that has engine noise... and usually if it does have engine noise it came in that way.

so thats my 2 cents

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Not to be a dick or anything , but its also shitty amp. An amp of such inferior quality is not going to have the noise reducing quality of a halfway descent amp let alone a good one. I could probably guarantee you do every suggestion given and still have alternator whine. Before every body jumps on me I still suggest you do what every body recommended. So when you get a much better amp you don't have alternator whine.

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Working...
                              X