Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rewiring all the speakers to an Amp, impossible front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not yet .... if i upgrade to a different HU thats when i make take that task on...
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
      haha ummm there is no PERFECT sub box. and you did catch if i saw right that book was written in 98..... ALOT has changed.

and TN wagon i have 200 watts goin to my front speakers .... 100 to the tweeter and 100 to the mid.... and yes thats RMS its not to loud ... but i see where your goin

I have the 1998 edition of the book, but if you follow the link again, you'll see a 2005 edition is also listed.

And YES, there IS a PERFECT sub box......it involves very high calculus level equations....sound waves always act in specific ways depending on the box size, shape, direction of sub, power of sub, specs of sub, port diameter/length. It's a science, the same science that designed the Sydney Opera House. And I've had up to calculus II and don't understand the formula's the writer goes through.

Anyway, he doesn't go through specific brands/models to buy, but focuses on the specs to look for such as rms power, frequency gain, octave slope, etc.......very detailed!
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

But would making the "perfect" sub box be worth all the planning and calculations involved in building it?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

One way I did it was where your deck mounts, you hook the front speaker wires to the rear speaker wires, then all you have to do is hook the front outputs of your amp to the wires that use to hook to your rear speakers and run new wire to to your rear speakers, thats all very clean and easy

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
            I have the 1998 edition of the book, but if you follow the link again, you'll see a 2005 edition is also listed.

And YES, there IS a PERFECT sub box......it involves very high calculus level equations....sound waves always act in specific ways depending on the box size, shape, direction of sub, power of sub, specs of sub, port diameter/length. It's a science, the same science that designed the Sydney Opera House. And I've had up to calculus II and don't understand the formula's the writer goes through.

Anyway, he doesn't go through specific brands/models to buy, but focuses on the specs to look for such as rms power, frequency gain, octave slope, etc.......very detailed!
            ummm no there is no perfect sub box.... it would only sound pleasing to few. now are we sticking to car audio or are we gonna talk opera? opera isnt really my thing. i dont mind listening to it but i dont know enough about it.
            Members Ride sold...

Comment

That was a good read. I love debates like that. Had to bump this ol thread.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

ummm no there is no perfect sub box.... it would only sound pleasing to few. now are we sticking to car audio or are we gonna talk opera? opera isnt really my thing. i dont mind listening to it but i dont know enough about it.
                I agree. Sub boxes have too many applications to be perfect. A typical sub is only going to play about 3 octaves at most anyway and our hearing isn't that sensitive in those frequencies.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

well i have a 2 channel 600 watt amp to my 290 watt max speakers and ive had no problems with the stock wiring.

i have the same thing for the rear deck speakers but they seem way louder. i think its simply because of there location

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    I agree. Sub boxes have too many applications to be perfect. A typical sub is only going to play about 3 octaves at most anyway and our hearing isn't that sensitive in those frequencies.
                    i just built a box for a fellow cb's 10inch kicker cvr..... lol 1.8 tuned to 32hz ... = pure sex ... ask smoken_ducky7 about his box . hahaha i honestly didnt wanna do it but he paid for the shit. box is made of birch. took maybe an hour. its not to bad for a single 10 taking about 500 rms

go loud or go home!!!! IM BACK BITCHS!!!!!
                    Members Ride sold...

Comment

i just built a box for a fellow cb's 10inch kicker cvr..... lol 1.8 tuned to 32hz ... = pure sex ... ask smoken_ducky7 about his box . hahaha i honestly didnt wanna do it but he paid for the shit. box is made of birch. took maybe an hour. its not to bad for a single 10 taking about 500 rms

go loud or go home!!!! IM BACK BITCHS!!!!!
                      Ha. loud 10's are sexy and you made some quick change.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

made of birch, jesus! that box must way a good amount.

Comment

i didnt get paid for the labor... its a fellow cb and he is my boy. but its another box with my my name on it lol. its not very heavy but then again whats light for me is heavy for others. ill be building again for him soon 2 hertz 12's 3 amps 6.5s up front and 6x9s in the back(package) and some other goodies i wont spoil for him ....
                          Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            I ran my front speaker wires under the carpet along the side of the car. If you remove the door sills you can pull the carpet up a little bit and run all the cable you want. I ran my power cable the same way.
                            if you do that you will get feedback because power cable give of electromagnetic waves that can be picked up from the speaker wire.

Comment

Originally posted by drzchulo147 View Post
                              if you do that you will get feedback because power cable give of electromagnetic waves that can be picked up from the speaker wire.
                              Speaker wires don't pick up noise, signal wires do.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

this is so easy. all you gotta do is connect all the neg wires together. and all the pos. behind the dash. then run it to the amp. you dont gotta run wire to the speaker. the wires from the radio, you dont need. (white gray green purple) just tape them up

Comment

Working...
                                X