Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rewiring all the speakers to an Amp, impossible front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
    no, there is a grommet on the inside of the car next to the fuse box, and one in the door jam. I used a wire coat hanger and pulled the wire up and through the grommet where it is shown coming out.

i saw that, but just decided to be on the safe side and not remove it.
    Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Just remove it. what's the worse that could happen

Comment

i garuntee you that your speakers are not 220 watts homie. look at your specs, rms rating is what you wanna look at, that is what your speakers will perform at. but even rms rating is an optimal rating, they rate it at 14.4volts, your car on average will be around 12. your speakers probably rms at around 40-50 watts. my alpine type r speakers rms at like 65 or 70 watts. if your running your speakers off a stock deck you might be pushin 10-15watts, an aftermarket deck u may see close to 20.

i have to explain this to people a hundred times a day.

Member Ride Facebook
        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
          i garuntee you that your speakers are not 220 watts homie. look at your specs, rms rating is what you wanna look at, that is what your speakers will perform at. but even rms rating is an optimal rating, they rate it at 14.4volts, your car on average will be around 12. your speakers probably rms at around 40-50 watts. my alpine type r speakers rms at like 65 or 70 watts. if your running your speakers off a stock deck you might be pushin 10-15watts, an aftermarket deck u may see close to 20.

i have to explain this to people a hundred times a day.

yes i know that the RMS is lower. I know about the whole RMS vs MAX [which will sound like shit]. But like stated before, i will be upgrading these to higher watts [in RMS] speakers and i dont believe the stock wire will do. Yes for the current speakers the stock SHOULD be enough, but is not loud enough and i will NOT cut teh original wire to splice in the cables going into the amp.
          Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy
            i saw that, but just decided to be on the safe side and not remove it.
            That method works fine. Hondatuner4267 has it that way, and his cable is all wrapped up. He has had it that way for nearly 1 year now. He helped me do mine and we ran the wire the same way. I let mine unwrapped and I have had no problems with binding or anything. I have had it for 6 months now.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by acchonda
              One other way if you wanted it a tad neater is to just connect the wire you ran from the amp to the factory wire that runs through the door. Yes I know you won't have the bigger wire that you are probably running but at long as you aren't sending the speakers a great amount of power it should work fine and will be a little cleaner and less hassle than running the new wire.

this is the biggest mistake anyone can make when wiring componets from an amplifier, sure its the easiest but its the most dangerous. The stock wires in the car are not ment to handle anything more demanding than the stock speakers, wiring to the stock wiring will potenially deystroy your car. I had a friend whos car came wired this way with high power components and he had a harness fire within the cabin and destroyed his whole car. Just lookin out for all you CB owners, i would hate to see this happen again. Conclusion, Always wire directly to your components if u plan on using a power source other than your deck to run them.
              90 4Dr.CB7, 416,XXX KMS and still running like a champ!

Comment

This is not true you can use your factor if you do it right. Your friend or who ever must had the wire showing and touch metal and this will cause it to catch fire but if you wire right it wont.. OEM wire is pure copper not strands like the one u buy take a look at the wire you can see its a thick piece of wire not small pieces put together.

Comment

the stock wires are pure garbage. they are not good for more than 25 watts of power (rms). any time a decent sized amp is used the wires should be re-ran. i'm not sayin a fire is impossible but not likely. say you have a directed 1200 watt amp, would you run 10 gauge power wire to it. Sure the amp will turn on but it will clip alot and it won't run at it full potential. Eventually it will burn up from being strained to push the power to the subs. Well your highs are the same story just a little different. You can have a huge amp pushing all sorts of power but you will only get about 25 watts to them, resulting in wires heating up and losing continuity and possibly a fire, but with less continuity less power getting to the speakers. Well your speakers are like the amp with 10ga power cable. A speaker may make noise with low power but a speaker with too little power is just as bad as too much power. either way voice coils get smoked.
                  vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

no point in running an amp to the front speakers, just bridge the headunits amp its usually about 24 watts rms anyways so u would be getting 50 watt rms to each door speaker, thats plenty imo i have 4 inch front speakers
                    ]

Comment

the way i do it is run it behind the deck. cut the lines from the deck to the car, and run the lines from the amp in the back to the lines that go TO the speakers, that way i dont have to waste time going through each door. as someone said its only necessary if ur running like 150 watts rms.....and saves money.

and nothing GHETTO going through the door.

or since you ran speaker wire directly to the rear speakers, run the front lines to the ORIGIONAL rear speaker lines that arent used. then at the deck, loop the rear lines with the front lines so that it will act as a complete path from the rear to the front.

i did this in prez's car thats on this site, i love doing it in hondas its even quicker.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

if one of you can use electrical theory and explain to me mathmatically how you would burn up those wires i will beleive you. until then your preaching to a preacher. i deal with this kinda shit day in and day out. if your going for a full out high powered audio system with some like 200watt plus components ... ya change your wires... but i have done a lot of audio systems everything from peice of shit cars that dont even hardly run up to cars where the rims alone are worth a 1/2 million... i know wtf im talking about, if your goin from inside the car to the outside, if you are going to do it right and run new wires to all your speakers, then continue doing it right and run them through your grommet, take off your door if you have to.

and like i say to my customers who think they know more than me... theres a reason i get paid for this and you dont

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

i had to do that a couple times but i now have to get a new cd player cuz it is tweekin out.
                          back at it again

Comment

lets face it, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. some people think the stock wiring is crap but some dont and love to use it.

whatever is done make sure its done in good taste, not no ugly wire u can see running into the door...at least go through the gromet. in my profession of working with installs customers dont want to see any wiring.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                              lets face it, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. some people think the stock wiring is crap but some dont and love to use it.

whatever is done make sure its done in good taste, not no ugly wire u can see running into the door...at least go through the gromet. in my profession of working with installs customers dont want to see any wiring.

that is so true
                              back at it again

Comment

right on accordztech. you can only tell people what to do, they dont have to listen. but ive never had a customer request to see wires unless i was doing a crazy custom system and they were talkin bout wires that HAD to be seen like inverted ssubs or to spare batteries or caps.

Member Ride Facebook
                                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                                For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X