Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

found the problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found the problem...

so THIS is wat makes 15 year old speakers crackle:

and the solution is....

they sound sooo MUCH better!

new amp is on the way, will post pix of the set up

Cool nice pickup. Stock paper speakers suck anyway mine sound damn good though =P.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

should have seen the ones on my old cb, the part that holds the cone was literally completely gone...well not gone, but spread throughout my trunk in tiny little black pieces lol

Comment

why do they use cardboard anyway?

Comment

Cheaper to produce. Technology at the time.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

i also find it weird how the surround was ripped. i was told that it was sun damage but how can that be when the speaker is underneath the stock speaker covers and my windows are tinted (not sure how long they have been tinted tho)

Comment

its just from age, over time the rubber dries up and starts breaking apart. lol when i replaced mine all the rubber was sitting on the center of the speakers

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

yes rubber only has so long a life. Think seals or anything else that is rubber. The paper cone is cheap but it also is fairly lightweight so that it is able to move quickly with less power than some heavier cone components.

Comment

Working...
                X