Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i got a remote start on a my 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a remote start on a my 5 speed

how many people have a remote start on their cars. Very Convenient but Dangerous!!!
    Last edited by darkgreencb7; 03-23-2007, 02:01 PM. Reason: words

1992 honda accord ex
    British Racing Green
    5 speed
    tan leather
    cd5 lip
    6000k hid
    tinted tailights (red part)
    cd5 ex rims
    133305k just installed engine
    225000k on the body

just dont leave it in gear.lol

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea that actually happen twice to me already but i only got minor damage on the front bumber

1992 honda accord ex
      British Racing Green
      5 speed
      tan leather
      cd5 lip
      6000k hid
      cd5 ex rims
      225000k on the body

Comment

hahahaha, that sucks man. but other than that, how is it workin for ya? what kind did you get?
        MRT

Comment

Did you bypass the clutch switch, or where able to make some fancy circuit?
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

not so dangurous Just dont leave it in gear,it ws easy for me I was learning to drive stick when I had installed I Rarely leave it in gear.

clutch bypass if It even be called THAT
            1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
            -Nava

Comment

Originally posted by cleanz_28
              not so dangurous Just dont leave it in gear,it ws easy for me I was learning to drive stick when I had installed I Rarely leave it in gear.

clutch bypass if It even be called THAT
              yeah, just unplug connection and insert paperclip

Well I was thinking, and it would be so hard to have a circuit where the clutch switch works normally, but when using the remote start, it automatically completes the circuit on the clutch switch and allows the engine to start
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

no the just diconectted the clutch switch so now i dont need the clutch in order to turn it on it just cont be in gear. i have a prestige one on mine. with the lcd pager. i wish i had the viper on which has 1 mile range and mine has a 1000ft range. at the place that i got my alarm installed. they didnt have the viper one. over all it so convienent you dont have to be wait to warm the car up. especially me i have leather seats. they get very cold. lololololol

1992 honda accord ex
                British Racing Green
                5 speed
                tan leather
                cd5 lip
                6000k hid
                cd5 ex rims
                225000k on the body

Comment

i have remote start with auto tranny...

Be Clean

Comment

i got one on mine too viper though

Comment

Originally posted by h25tcb7
                      i got one on mine too viper though
                      my lip comes in tomorrow i'll have some pics of mine soon...

Comment

Never been a fan off remote start but i get it useful
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i got 1 its the hornet though every shop here says its better than viper but who cares remote atart is remote start. can you get the temp of the inside of ur car from the pager??
                          sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
                          the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Originally posted by darkgreencb7
                            no the just diconectted the clutch switch so now i dont need the clutch in order to turn it on it just cont be in gear. i have a prestige one on mine. with the lcd pager. i wish i had the viper on which has 1 mile range and mine has a 1000ft range. at the place that i got my alarm installed. they didnt have the viper one. over all it so convienent you dont have to be wait to warm the car up. especially me i have leather seats. they get very cold. lololololol
                            I got the Echo alarm (pager alarm) and it came with a safety on it. I can't automatic start it unless I pre-set it the before. Which pretty much means i have to put it in neutral and set the pager before I shut it off.

I love it, its safe and convenient.
                            "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                            - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Unless you install it yourself it should use the clutch bypass and not be able to start your car unless you : enguage your ebrake, take it out of gear, open lock and close your doors. when you shut your door your car should shut off and be ready to be auto-started. Even the cheapest Manual trans autostart should include this method for safetly, if yours doesnt... someone was cutting corners when they installed it or they are trying to install a auto-transmission autostart on a manual. Manual autostarters are a bit more rare but when done correctly they are as safe as a auto-trans autostarter.

I live in Alaska. Nearly everyone here has one. Ive installed my fair share of auto-trans and manual-trans autostarters. If you autostarter (in a manual tansmission) lets you get out of your car with your car not running then its installed WRONG unless your not planning on autostarting it.

Manuals need to have a door sensor, ebrake sensor and clutch bypass relay. This is so your car is running and you have it out of gear with the E-brake on when you get out. When the door is shut the car turns off... it is then ready to autostart. This is the only safe way. Think about it. Your working under your dash or getting something from the backseat... with a auto-trans your in no danger of your car lurching farward when you lean on the autostart button on your keys. Where as in a manual it could lurch farward and possible run you over or even your kids playing in the drive way. By-passing safety is not a good idea when your talking about near 2000lbs of steal plastic and rubber.
                              I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Working...
                              X