Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP Which Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Which Amp?

Hello, I am going to get a new amp because I want my subs to pound. I was just wondering which amp do you think is better for my 2 10 inch sony P5 subs in a sealed box. The rms is 330 each. I need a good amp probably the Infinity Reference 611a or the Profile AP2000. Click here for specs.http://www.crutchfield.com/S-57JCq4b...P2000&x=26&y=2
    Thanks

Well, the AP2000 is a 2 channel and the 611a is a monoblock. That's one thing to consider. The 611a is also smaller than the AP2000(this thing is MASSIVE) The AP2000 will be able to put out more power than the 611a, but you may not need it. In the end, it's all up to you. Good luck on the system build

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Yeah thanks for the info also from before. I just need someones idea.

Comment

Any time

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

What is your budget on the amp? Are those two the only two you want to get or are you open to other suggestions?

Comment

Yeah I have been looking for a while and these are the final two unless someone else knows of any amp perfect for 2 10 inch sony xplods under $300 and a good name brand?

Comment

You can get a hifonic's amp for that price which is decent.
              You can step up and get a Rockford Fosgate amp, Although I would just see if you can get an older one on ebay or local. The Power series from 2001 and before are in the league of some of the best amps made.

But for $300 you can get alot of other more powerful amp's than what you had selected.

You want NEW or USED?

Comment

Yeah I think I am going with the infinity amp but what will happen if I use my 8 gauge instead of the recommended 4 gauge?

Comment

I want a brand new amp nothing used.

Comment

Use the 4 gauge, you'll get more power to the amp which in turn will give you more bump!
                    1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
                    2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
                      Use the 4 gauge, you'll get more power to the amp which in turn will give you more bump!

have you ever tried sucking a thick milkshake through a thin straw? lol...def upgrade to 4 guage!
                      Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
                      Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Comment

Ok last question, whats the length I need for a 4-Gauge wire from the battery to the trunk becuase I am going to order some today.

Comment

i would put a kicker kx 550.2 very strong amp pushed 1 rockford t1 until it fried the amp lol
                          sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
                          the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

i like kecker but thats me
                            H22A Power!!

Comment

i once had the same question as you...n i was told by numerous people that the MTX amps are real good...
                              A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Working...
                              X