Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help full stereo installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help full stereo installation

I have a pioneer 6700mp, indash equalizer, 2 channel amplifier, 2 12s, and a capacitor. How do u wire the eq, radio, and amp together? I have experience in wiring just not with an eq.

you wire a set of rca cables to the eq, and then from the eq to the amp...wire the power, ground, and remote just like the deck or amp...
    Last edited by kapone; 02-14-2007, 02:48 PM.

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

x2.... sometimes if its super old school wire... but unless have a oscillispcope... theres not much of point to eqs anymore. just use amplifiers to power ur speakers

Member Ride Facebook
      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
      For Sale Thread

Comment

i want to use the eq as a fader and i dont know how to wire it. there are 4 wires for speakers 2 left + and - and the same for the right. i just dont know how to wire it to my stereos speaker wires. i want to fade the highs from the lows(subs) on my eq.

Comment

just buy a deck with 6 preouts, front, rear, subs. problem solved and you dont need an eq

Member Ride Facebook
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

but isnt it easier for it with an equalizer?
            WILL TRADE THIS ACCORD FOR EG Parts Or a d16z6 Head Or Complete Motor www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=69851

Comment

Originally posted by JdmH22Cb7
              but isnt it easier for it with an equalizer?
              what is easier? eqs are worthless paper weights nowadays. however if for some reason you want the eq are there preouts on it? usually there are labled inputs/outputs so you would just go out from deck in to eq, out from eg to amp
              FA1

Comment

thank you 2.2! my point exactly. if you know what your doing with an eq, its never gonna be right unless you have an oscilliscope (spectrum analyzer) to tell when you speakers are clipping, you dont need an EQ sell that shit on ebay to someone else. just buy a new deck with all the preouts, the eq on new decks are gonnna be just as good as better than an eq, unless, like is said before, you know what your doing.

so dont waste your time with it

Member Ride Facebook
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

eq's are garbage
                  sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
                  the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

why all the negative feback on eqs... by the way you only need an oscilliscope if your using an eq with a 1/3 octave slope and is 15+ bands ... i think the eq he's trying to wire up is a powered eq which i would heavally agree is garbage .... now a pasive 5 or 9 band eq can make a audio system sound a lot beter that just a head unit espetially if your only tone leveling is bass and treble ... im using an older analog kenwood pasive 9 band eq with sub output and when i installed it it was a night and day diference than with just the pioneer deck ....by the way my pioneer deck wasent cheap it was the 7600 series ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Originally posted by schia89
                      i want to use the eq as a fader and i dont know how to wire it. there are 4 wires for speakers 2 left + and - and the same for the right. i just dont know how to wire it to my stereos speaker wires. i want to fade the highs from the lows(subs) on my eq.
                      the 4 speaker output you see are for the hi-level input on the amplifier. If your amplifier does not have that, use a line-level convertor to convert it to RCA and then plug it into your amp.

btw, an EQ should not be used as a fader, unless you have that option on the EQ. It's purpose is to be able to fine tune the frequency response.

Comment

Originally posted by kapone
                        why all the negative feback on eqs...
                        because some people can't tune for sh|t so they blame it on the EQ

Comment

fuck that i can tune shit, i tune stereos everyday for people. i tuned musicians systems when i used to work at a custom shop.

but you are right. many many many people cant tune for shit especially the majority of people who have eq's.

but honestly with the progression of built in eq technology on decks lately there isnt much of a need for eq's anymore.

i dont like running anything off the deck anyway, its better to throw in a 4 or 5ch amp and a sub amp or 2.

Member Ride Facebook
                          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                          For Sale Thread

Comment

sorry i can't help now...but hm, maybe i'll do a DIY on wiring too....

Comment

next time i do a cb7 with a stock deck in it still ill take pics on my cell phone of the install

Member Ride Facebook
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X