Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ground wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground wire

ok, i need help from the people who truly know a lot about audio equip.

My trunk leaks a little bit. My ground for my amp is in the spare tire area, which happens to be where all the water goes.....

My question is, can anything happen if the amp ground wire gets wet? (where it is connected to the frame and metal is exposed from the wire)

Common sense tells me it wouldnt be good. But my dad made a point that the actual frame of the car is grounded... so he believes there is no current traveling through the wire, and there for nothing can happen...

So whats my situation?
    Is it ok if the ground wire gets wet, or not?

Thanks

1) Run some clear silicone seal around the trunk where the lip is.

(not my car)

2)There is a plug in the spare tire well you can remove to drain the water.

3) Move your ground wire connection to the top of the trunk.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks.. but its raining now. I need to know if its going to matter now.

My trunk is leaking from an unknown location,

and those plugs are already out in my car,

Comment

I would just take the ground wire, and relocate it to one of the bolts that are holding the rear seat down...

Comment

ok, thanks...

but is there any IMIDIATE danger? because my trunk is wet right now

Comment

Well, since there is no power running through a ground, then, No there is no danger.

Think of it this way. All houses have a ground steak driven into the ground and the ground wire run to that. It rains on that all the time with no porblems.

CB7's are notorius (sp) for leaking trunks. I fixed mine with the silicone like I said above.
            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yeah.. mine leaks through my spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
                yeah.. mine leaks through my spoiler

Then remove the spoiler and put a touch of silicone around the hols and any other opening and reattach
                Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 01-08-2007, 08:19 PM.
                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                  I would just take the ground wire, and relocate it to one of the bolts that are holding the rear seat down...
                  x2

Comment

i tried taking the spoiler off.. i put gasket material on one side, but the other side, i cant unbolt it, its rusted on so badly, and they used sheet rock screws to get i on... But if i shoot some silicone up there from the inside o the trunk, where the screws connect the spoiler to the trunk, that should work, right?

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
                      But if i shoot some silicone up there from the inside o the trunk, where the screws connect the spoiler to the trunk, that should work, right?

Always worth a try.
                      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No danger. if your ground gets wet no big dal but like the guy above said relocate your ground to your rear seat seat belt bolts under your rear seat.
                        i would rather be dead and cool then alive and uncool.

Comment

Dont even worry about it... its just ground... but 1) DONT LET THE POWER WIRE GET WET(imediate short), and 2) MAKE SURE IT DOESNT START TO RUST(it'l break eventually)... or ur screwed!!

Comment

If you lift up the carpet, there is a bolt on the passenger side right at the trunk/cabin devider area that has ground wires attatched to it from the factory. That's where I had it grounded before mine was stolen. But take care of those leaks soon, you'll start having rust and mildew problems soon if you don't.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

nah dude ur fine. may want to relocate it, but ur in no immediate danger
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                              X