Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interference

my cbs system is soundin like i gotta supercharger in it with all that whining from the interference how do i fix it and i cant find a wire thats touching..

"Cocaine's a hellava drug"

i have the same problem lately to
    GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Sounds like alternator whine.....no pun intended. Its typically caused by having low level(RCA) wires too close to a 12v power source. So as the alternator spins faster the car's electrical system picks up the whine or interference. It is then passed to the RCA lines going to your amp, and untimately your speakers.

A good set of RCA cables can help, but you can get by with cheap ones if your keep them away from the "noisy" wires. If they have to cross, do it at a 90 degree angle.

If you dont have any amps, then it could just be a bad ground or a ground loop. I usually try to ground the hu to a GOOD metal surface and ground it the same as an amp. Sometimes the antenna ground can create a ground loop too.

If you still can get rid of the whine you can get supression caps....but thats a last resort and theres some debate as to how well the work anyway. Ive never had to use them, but have taken them off many systems after regrounding and rerunning the wires.

Comment

usually a bad or poor rca's will help induce the noise. i have ran all my rca's and power on the same side every time and i never had an issue, though i use expensive rca's.

it can be a few things, the amp itself, bad ground or bad head unit.

usually a ground loop isolator will help inline on the rca, or seperating the power and rca's will help even more.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

what brand radio are u running?

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Check three things. First, all the grounds. Second, the RCA cables. Third, check the brand of your equipment. If it's crappy, it will sound like crap. But I'm sure it's just a grounding problem, it happened to me when I first put my stuff in.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

depending on the radio radio the ground trace inside the radio might have gone bad which will cause noise no matter what brand rca or amp you use, because its coming from the source.

Comment

i think it is the radio, i have a pioneer radio with all the animations and crap when i tap on the deck it gets worse help...

Comment

its a factory recap and they should fix it for free, i had the same problem with my old 8600mp

Comment

so do u guys think its the radio cause when i tap only on the deck it makes a difference like its an internal problem in the deck wat do u guys think?

Comment

it may be the headunit. but before assuming that it is check ur rca wires. if ur wires are good n everything then try sending the headunit off to get checked
                      vouches --> mj1220mj,Trickedaccord92, Maple 50175, Customlowz, 92lx

Comment

Working...
                      X