Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sony xplode or pioneer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for car audio go to a couple places and listen to music you like on a variety of different systems. don't listen to 2 brands and make a decision. listen to a variety in your price range and see which ones you like the most. i personally wouldn't go sony xplod, but thats just me.

also, when you are listening to speakers MAKE SURE NO 2ch or 4ch amps are activated in the switchboard because using these sounds better than running off deck power, that is unless you are planning on buying a 2ch/4ch amp.
    1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Sony.

Never had problems, better s/n ratios. Try 120db on for size...
      Wal-mart must have them, because they suck right? Wal-mart also sells Mother's Meguir's, Pioneer, HP, Panasonic etc. The fact that Wal-mart carries Sony, only means that you can get a killer deal on Sony products.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

honestly ur guys are very narrow minded when it comes to audio. sony is entry just remember that. and both sony and pioneer are sold at walmart to ass that tried to piont that out but the stuff at walmart is REFURBS. u guys and/or gals should ask more questions of " i got 200 bucks what can i get?" kinda thing. u honestly have alot better quaility product open to you then you think. its just a matter of knowing where to look. dont always rush your audio stuff take your time and peice a kick ass system together. go to actual stereo shops not just a circuit city or a best buy ( i work at BB FYI) and listen to product. consider buyin on line but before u do just research where ur are buying.
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18
          honestly ur guys are very narrow minded when it comes to audio. sony is entry just remember that. and both sony and pioneer are sold at walmart to ass that tried to piont that out but the stuff at walmart is REFURBS. u guys and/or gals should ask more questions of " i got 200 bucks what can i get?" kinda thing. u honestly have alot better quaility product open to you then you think. its just a matter of knowing where to look. dont always rush your audio stuff take your time and peice a kick ass system together. go to actual stereo shops not just a circuit city or a best buy ( i work at BB FYI) and listen to product. consider buyin on line but before u do just research where ur are buying.
          true that.
          don't go into a store with a biased mind unless you know what you're getting is worth your bones. listen to the setups on the floor of what you can afford, and go from there. be sure to mess with the options, like bass, treb, etc on the deck and figure out which one is best for you and your situation.
          My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Before my car got jacked, i had sony exlpode 6x9s in the rear and kenwood 4".. 4.5" ?(can't remember the size) in the front.

I ran a Kenwood deck, a Sony deck, and a Pioneer deck(all decks in similar price ranges) and they all had a different sound.
            Kenwood personally sound the best, crisp clean treble and bass, very balanced
            Sony was a bit more bassier, treble faded in too much with bass
            Pioneer was suuuuuper BASSY. Very low rumbles, but the trebles were Very TREBLE'Y. Each sounds were on the very end of the spectrum. It was wierd, imo.

But i gotta say those 6x9 sony explodes never blew out on me, .. they lasted me about 3 years before they got stolen. and they sounded great .. So of the two choices i say Sony.

... why not mix and match?
            -:¦:-
            Originally posted by wed3k
            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

i prefer sony i like them they r cheap i have had ne that was in a really bad accident and it survived. still works to this day. i like them never had n e problems im actually about to buy another one.
              cant wait till im all done

Comment

pioneer sounds like shit, ide go with sony if you are on a tight budget!

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

i like my kenwood, well that's what i have in my truck.

Comment

sony sucks if you must chose from the 2 id go pioneer, Again sony amp's SUCK. JL Audio all the way i say.
                    i would rather be dead and cool then alive and uncool.

Comment

Sony X-plods will fit the front pods. Other speakers are mostly going to be too deep.

And folks, so what if Sony amps suck? He doesn't need to use a Sony amp if he has Sony speakers.

Comment

I'd stay away from sony, kinda cheap shit.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=15756

That is a badass deck for 140 bucks. Check around on that site they got really good prices
                        Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

thanks guys i'm goin with sony but the amp isn't gonna be sony my brother melted his (literally melted it) i'm gonna go with pioneer amp. Does that sound good for a 14 year old's first sound system i just want something people well hear coming and know it's me then i will upgrade as i go

Comment

I had the pioneer deh-p7400mp and it sounded good and would play mp3 cd's which rocks. I would only get jl amps and subs though and I really like the infinity kappa series speakers, I put 6x9's on the rear deck and they sound tite
                            My Ride

Comment

Image Dynamics has some good subs. I have a 12", patched even, and with a 250watt amp, I can still get a nice booty massage. Quality stuff. Personally though, I really would take the Pioneer over the Xplod... Friend has an Xplod system in his car, and the speakers are about shot...only 1 year old too.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

sony xplode look not so great, but sounds really good
                                accord93se stock
                                94si my eg has ivteK

Comment

Working...
                                X