Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sony xplode or pioneer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sony xplode or pioneer?

OK I just bought my cb7 like 4 weeks ago. I'm workin on the interior and I'm trying to chose between sony xplode sound system or pioneer. I'm leaning towards sony cause it's cheaper and has better sound. But a few kids i go to school with say pioneer. I'm caught in the cross hairs so i need a 3rd opinion.

people say sony xplode is good for price; my dad had pioneer and they were average, better than a stock stereo either way.

Comment

I have had very good luck with my Sony Xplods.. They are probably 3 years old and are still strong. I have the HU and 6.5" speakers front and rear... Later

Comment

yeah i think i'm gonna go with sony xplode everything the subs and amp and speakers. My cars maroon so it would match the car better to. My brother had all stock cb7 speakers and 3 sony xplode subs and a 750 watt xplode amp. melted the amp in like 3 months. It has so much power that the amp can't take it. He's been pulled over because his sound system was to loud. Charged with disturbing the peace.

Comment

IMO for the price, alpine interior speakers/sub/amp is the best you can get for a budget system. i had 2 type e's on a 500 watt amp, sounded clean and crisp. sony's are sold at walmart for a reason. the interior speakers arent so bad, but the material used to make the subs is cheap and breaks/cracks very easily if anything were to touch it.

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

i say pioneer cause i have their amps and sub...they seem to work fine...but it is a sub with a high SPL level so that it can push through the rear seats...

A & A Auto Service
            Pro-Spec
            TorontoJDM
            "Driven daily, or not at all"

Comment

i'm gonna go with xplode pioneer i think is to show no go. (sorry to pioneer fans).

Comment

i would not pick any of them. alpine is best for me or panasonic.
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

x2 guys.....looking for a budget head unit? Id go with a panasonic or sony....got money? Alpine or a sick pioneer head unit....look into aiwa too...they got some nice head units....

Speakers
                  Budget: pioneers all around
                  Expensive: Alpines everywhere...

My system?
                  Panasonic HU
                  Pioneer 2 ways all around
                  2 12in Prescion audio kw-12s
                  Sony Xplod amp bridged to 500wts

My suggestion follow your budget get something that works , and never ever buy a sony amp...thats my advice.
                  JustBlaze

Comment

i like sony xplode, never had any issues with mine, and ive had multiple.
                    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

i had a sony explode stero and 6x9 and they both f'd up on me speakers couldnt hang and the radio had repaired 2x...
                      now i got a kenwood radio and sounds way better than the xplod
                      ACCORDEX92
                      CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

both sony and pioneer are both good, but I think the lower end xplode stuff is just ugly. But yeah, alpine makes real good stuff for cheap. If I could go back I would probably get all alpine stuff.

BTW- What do you wrestle?

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i had a pioneer deck with clarions in my first cb7......basic setup, no amps, no subs. just 4 speakers. Sound was good, deck powered the speakers nice. the car has good acoustics and the rear pods are actually a really nice design for bass reverb.

i bought a yota 4runner and shoved a sony xplod deck in with infinity 4.5s in front and 6.5 alpines in rear.......the xplod sucked! i've always felt that the sony h/u's just arent that powerful, but i got this one new for like 50bucks so what the hell. I had to buy a sub to make up for the lack of presence (oh, and i also kinda wanted one anyways)

anyways, sold the 4runner, bought an EXR (EX) Cord and now I have infinity 4.5s in front with 6x9 alpine R 3ways (friggin' awesome!) in rear with a reference 12' infinity sub powered by a modest 300watt pioneer amp. the h/u is an alpine cda 9856. i also have a rockford-fosgate 200watt amp i plan to eventually use to power the 6x9's.

conclusion...Alpine equipment is beautiful, even the lower end models are real quality stuff. Sony xplod is cheap for a reason, lots of nice features included, but not that well built or powerful. the Pioneer deck i had was bare bones, but the onboard amp was good at powering my speakers. If you plan to separately amplify all your speakers, the sony might be alright as a h/u, but if you want to use the amp built into the deck you should fork out the money for the alpine deck or cheap it with a pioneer. But seriously, buy the Alpine!
                          1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

pioneer ... but if you whant explods i got some i could sell ya
                            本田**AcCoRd**本田
                            Click to see my CB7
                            '90 CRX SIR - Imported from Japan --- Daily Driver
                            '93 civic hatch -sold
                            '98 Civic H22 Turbo -sold
                            '92 Accord ExR coupe- sold
                            '96 Golf- Sold
                            '96 Bmw 328-Sold
                            '01 Civic Si-Sold
                            '99 Maxima-Sold
                            '88 Crx-Sold
                            '91 Accord H22-sold
                            '97 Civic Coupe-Sold
                            '95 Civic HB b16b-Sold
                            '93 Accord-Sold
                            '89 Prelude Si-Sold
                            '91 Crx Si-Sold
                            '93 Honda accord-Sold
                            '88 Ford Exp-Rip
                            '92 Tracker-Sold
                            and many more lol(just dont want to take all the place lol)

Comment

I would say neither.

I currently have an Aiwa deck, which coincidentally enough is made by sony. It works, but now it acts kinda funny. Like when I turn the car on the display will not work. Sound and all controls work, but no display. I have to take the faceplate off, and put it back on.

For christmas I am re-doing everything.

I am going to have a Kenwood deck just basically processing the signal from my iPod, to a 4 channel HiFonics amp, and 2 6.5'' HiFonics component speakers, and 2 6.5" HiFonics 2 way speakers.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                              X