Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

power wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power wire

im not really a newbie to hooking up sounds but i am new to cb's. were could i run the power cable through the fire wall? i looked at it and cant seem to find a place! pics would be a plus!!!!! thanks

Is your CB7 an Automatic or Manual.

Normally with Automatic cars there is always a place for where the clutch master would normally go, that you can either punch through the grommet or just drill a hole.

But yea, the Firewall is the way to go, so just find a good spot.

Always drill with the smallest bit, and then go inside the vehicle and find out where the hole is, and what is near it.
    Fuzz :: eFuzz.ca
    Kevin 'Fuzz' G
    Maker of Drift Videos... OOooohhhhh Yeeeaaa!

98 CG3 - Dropped, Rimmed, & Kit
    92 CB7 EX-R - Dropped, 'Weight Reduction'.
    I'm New Here, be nice!

Comment

my cb is standard! im looking to run it through the passenger side of the fire wall cuz im mounting my amp under the passenger seat....ive installed systems on other cars, they would have a grummet for the wire harness that i would just run the power line through to the battery! i guess the cb is different! thanks alot! will drill! haha

Comment

a search will show some spots if you happen to use just the right words.
        Anyway, there is a nice (about 1" or 1.5" I think) hole just above the passenger's foot on the firewall, behind the carpet. Has a grommet in there. I just punctured the grommet and ran wires through there, then sealed with gasket maker.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
          a search will show some spots if you happen to use just the right words.
          Anyway, there is a nice (about 1" or 1.5" I think) hole just above the passenger's foot on the firewall, behind the carpet. Has a grommet in there. I just punctured the grommet and ran wires through there, then sealed with gasket maker.
          My thoughts exactly.

Be careful when Drilling. Do not drill what you can not SEE! The last thing you need is to drill into your heater core, or something else that you will need!
          Fuzz :: eFuzz.ca
          Kevin 'Fuzz' G
          Maker of Drift Videos... OOooohhhhh Yeeeaaa!

98 CG3 - Dropped, Rimmed, & Kit
          92 CB7 EX-R - Dropped, 'Weight Reduction'.
          I'm New Here, be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz
            My thoughts exactly.

Be careful when Drilling. Do not drill what you can not SEE! The last thing you need is to drill into your heater core, or something else that you will need!
            lol.

i would imagine drilling would be a pain.
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

I dont like drilling much, but a good place to do that is next to your ECU.

Typically i go though wireing gaskets, however i have 2 gauge power running to the back (which is too big to get through any of the gaskets), so i went through a gommet commin up through the floor on the passenger side maybe half a foot back from your ECU. the draw back to this is that the wire is exposed on the bottem of your car for about 3-4 inches.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
              My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

This has been covered many times. There is a grommet right below the charcoil canester on the pasenger side. You can also see it above the carpet on the passenger side, or right behind the carpet near the top of it I think.

My swap thread
                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                  lol.

i would imagine drilling would be a pain.

yeah, It would suck to hit something. All I did was use a drill bit, but NOT in a drill, just used it by hand to make a hole in the grommet
                  Last edited by Otto; 11-19-2006, 08:32 PM.
                  Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                    This has been covered many times. There is a grommet right below the charcoil canester on the pasenger side. You can also see it above the carpet on the passenger side, or right behind the carpet near the top of it I think.
                    FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                      Yeah, pop that grommet out and drill a hole in it. The grommet is not hard to pop out and it is not hard to drill a hole in the grommet, especially once you have removed it from the firewall. Don't stress over it; its not hard.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater

RIGHT THERE!!!

That's the factory hole of your factory headlight wiring harness.
                        It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

mine is plugged in the big gommet behind the blower, where there is 40-50 wire, but my blower doesn't fit normaly because I put a 0AWG wire...I bolted the it only at the bottom and ductaped it with the thing next to the blower(don't know the name in english for air conditionner).

you can pass you wire trought the gommet on the passenger floor as the others said, but protect your wire with loom

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                            Yeah, pop that grommet out and drill a hole in it. The grommet is not hard to pop out and it is not hard to drill a hole in the grommet, especially once you have removed it from the firewall. Don't stress over it; its not hard.
                            I just left it in place and passed the drill bit through it.

Comment

wow,ok i didnt drill,lucky thing i didnt....i ran my power wire through the grummet next to the charcoil canaster....everything is done and sounds great! thanks for the help! much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              X