Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lots of static when listening to radio - stock audio system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots of static when listening to radio - stock audio system

i have a 92 lx that i just got with super low miles, but listening to the radio there is bad static no matter what station i listen to. the static is worse through the front speakers.

my antenna does not go all the way down but it does go up...any thoughts? i really dont want to replace the speakers but will if i have to. thanks!

It could be many things. Cheap- the cable that connects the antenna to the radio deck could be loose or the cable at the antenna could be loose. Pricey- Antenna is damaged(sounds like it from description) or the radio has crapped out. Hope that its just a loose wire.
    What part of Tennessee?

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

make sure the antena is even plugged into the back of the deck. iv forgotten to plug it in a few times and its annoying when u hafta take it back out lol
      91 lx h22 ftw!!!1!!one!!

lsd is wonderful

Comment

just get a new antenna and check your wiring

Comment

i am in cookeville about an hour east of nashville

i will replace the antenna eventually, but it appears the front drivers side speaker has stopped playing altogether

Comment

Oooo, that doesn't sound so good (no pun intended). Now it really sounds like a problem with the speakers instead of the deck or antenna. It could also be a grounding problem with the headunit. Is there any problem when you play cassests or cd's? If no, then it is the antenna. If yes, then it is probably the speakers or headunit.

HEY, Cookeville isn't that far from Knoxville. Eventually, I hope we can get an East Tennesse Meet together. Only need to find a time....

Comment

just cuz a speaker stops working dont go buy a new one. take some stuff apart. u wont figure out your problem by sitting on your computer, pull out the deck and see if your antena is plugged in and c if your wiring is ok (any speaker wires come undone)
              91 lx h22 ftw!!!1!!one!!

lsd is wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                Oooo, that doesn't sound so good (no pun intended). Now it really sounds like a problem with the speakers instead of the deck or antenna. It could also be a grounding problem with the headunit. Is there any problem when you play cassests or cd's? If no, then it is the antenna. If yes, then it is probably the speakers or headunit.

HEY, Cookeville isn't that far from Knoxville. Eventually, I hope we can get an East Tennesse Meet together. Only need to find a time....
                Hey no west TN. love. But when I took out my back seats I started hearing it also. I did not hear it before that. In my sister's sable I hear it when I plug my mp3 player up with the tape casset adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by EXCoup
                  Hey no west TN. love.
                  Sorry bout that, need to rep all of TN I guess(Its just that its soooo far away).

Comment

Man screw y'all, I'm from Middle TN (McEwen, about an hour west of Nashville, 20mins~half an hour from Dickson) TN meetup in Nashville or somewheres would kick ass. I'd be down.

Speaker static could be from crossed wires. Are they stock speakers? The speaker wires could be bare and uncovered where they connect and rubbing against each other and grounding eachother out. That can cause hellacious static. I'd check the speaker wires all around and if they've got a bad connection, just strip some of the plastic from the wires and wrap them together. Negative to negative, positive to positive. Tape them off with electrical tape too.

/works on car audio all the time

Comment

Originally posted by increaseBLu3
                      Man screw y'all, I'm from Middle TN (McEwen, about an hour west of Nashville, 20mins~half an hour from Dickson) TN meetup in Nashville or somewheres would kick ass. I'd be down.

Speaker static could be from crossed wires. Are they stock speakers? The speaker wires could be bare and uncovered where they connect and rubbing against each other and grounding eachother out. That can cause hellacious static. I'd check the speaker wires all around and if they've got a bad connection, just strip some of the plastic from the wires and wrap them together. Negative to negative, positive to positive. Tape them off with electrical tape too.

/works on car audio all the time
                      Hey mane you in honda and from tn. taking bout screw us. I know, it is to be expected out of an accord owner . Now I can do nashville, a little bit more west and now your talkin. somerville or bolivar?

Comment

playing with the fader and balance it seems most of the static was coming from the front speakers, when i play my ipod through the cassette deck adapter it sounds pretty decent, still not perfect but better now that one of the front speakers just cut out.

i would like to check out the front speakers but i am dreading taking off the door panels. i just put a new handle on one from ebay (after breaking one i had to reorder a 2nd one!!!) so that is why i am hesitant to get in there and remove anything...

Comment

Working...
                        X