Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hooking up subs and amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooking up subs and amps

any body have ne good links or pics on how to hook up subs and amps directly to the deck? i been readin on the internet, but couldn't find anything that helpful. i can connect it externally, hooking the amp up to a switch, and then to my battery.

thnx
    Last edited by JDM CB7z; 10-29-2006, 06:07 PM.

Originally posted by JDM CB7z
    any body have ne good links or pics on how to hook up subs and amps directly to the deck? i been readin on the internet, but couldn't find anything that helpful. i can connect it externally, hooking the amp up to a switch, and then to my battery.

thnx
    Connect the remote wire from the deck to the remote wire to the amp. Remote wires are usually blue. Then just find a way to hide the wires.

Comment

thnx. so instead of connecting a wire from the positive to the remote within the amp, i would do a direct connection to the deck. that wouldn't eliminate the line level and stuff tho right, my other setup with the rca conversion is needed?

Comment

BASIC

More complex

My Ride...

Comment

Originally posted by JDM CB7z
          thnx. so instead of connecting a wire from the positive to the remote within the amp, i would do a direct connection to the deck. that wouldn't eliminate the line level and stuff tho right, my other setup with the rca conversion is needed?
          Your amp should have a slot for the power wire and a separate slot for a remote wire. Remote wire powers the amp when the headunit is on so its not on constant as if you were to power it from the battery. RCA should be the same as running the remote wire.

Comment

[QUOTE=93_EXR.]BASIC

[QUOTE]

Lol...that diagram rules! how much more basic can you get?
            Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
            Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Comment

Easiest way of explaining it is..Blue wire from deck goes to remote on amp, positive goes to Plus on battery, and ground goes to any metal on the car..

Comment

thnx a lot guys. ill try it out an see how it works

Comment

how do u hook up the fuse box and fuse? isn't their already a fuse in my amp??

Comment

Originally posted by 93_EXR.
                    BASIC

More complex

is the capacitor "required" when hooking up a sub? I currently have a bazooka sub and its making like a "thud" "thud" noise continously. when I lower the sub volume it goes away. when I remove the rca feed it still makes that sound. anybody have an idea what is it?
                    Sky rockets in flight..... afternoon deeeelight!!

Comment

You need to make a better ground point. Where ever you have your amp grounded, remove it, sand the paint down to the metal and reground it. Also be sure the terminals are tight and not loose.
                      Hope this info helps.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

---> You should always put a fuse right off the bat.+ won't short or kill your amp,

--->The caps just help not go through altinators so fast

If your pumping your music and you lights dim abit then i would get a capacitor,
                        And makes your bass sounds more solid, because its not running out of power

Cheers
                        Last edited by 93_EXR.; 11-02-2006, 12:26 AM.
                        My Ride...

Comment

Check out www.the12volt.com
                          MYCB7.com

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
                            You need to make a better ground point. Where ever you have your amp grounded, remove it, sand the paint down to the metal and reground it. Also be sure the terminals are tight and not loose.
                            Hope this info helps.

Thanks I found the problem.... the ground connection was loose and now I got good bass again.... thanks for the info
                            Sky rockets in flight..... afternoon deeeelight!!

Comment

Working...
                            X