Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tape player problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tape player problem

does anyone know why my stereo will only work if i have the cd player plugged in aswell? without the cd player it turns on and works but if i want to hear it i have to turn it up to the max and i hear more fuzzyness rather than music.... in short, how do i make the tape deck work without the cd player?

H22A Vigor
    SR20 Accord

Id say get a headunit.......

im guessing you have the stock honda cd/tape deck thing....i had one with my car and all i got was loud shreaking noise that almost made me swerve and kill a family of 5.....so i said fuck that and bought a pioneer 6700....awesome thus far.....im now looking into a cheap avic n2 if i can find one....

maybe if you pull the radio and open her up and give a good cleaning? Make sure all your wiring is straight? Fuse?

Comment

nah it works very good with the cd player plugged into it, but doesnt like it when the cd player is disconnected :S

H22A Vigor
      SR20 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Overdosed F20A5
        nah it works very good with the cd player plugged into it, but doesnt like it when the cd player is disconnected :S
        just leave the cd player plugged in?

Comment

let me guess.. you mean u have a CD player.. and u hook up a tape player connect to the headphone of the cd player. and slide it in and it works?? well... i know that a sony radio when i install one for a customer i slide a CD in it works.. but when i take it out the radio doesnt work at all.. found out i had to connect a blue wire in the back once i did the radio and CD player works. maybe that's why?
          DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

the OEM decks that came with cd player/changer support came with a black jumper plug for the back of the deck in case you arent using the CD unit. without the jumper, the unit will not work.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

right. this also applies if you have the OEM eq unit. And I've seen the jumper in white.
              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                the OEM decks that came with cd player/changer support came with a black jumper plug for the back of the deck in case you arent using the CD unit. without the jumper, the unit will not work.
                correct as he mention.....on the 2 deck honda unit the cassete/cd or cassete/equalizer......the secondary unit which is cd or equilizer acts as a amplifier to make the sound loud!......now when u remove the cd player or eq you will need to have the oem jumper plug on the back or esle the main unit will not work!......

Comment

Plug is less than $10 from Honda, see item 15 or 16 here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=AUTO+RADIO
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

does anyone know which wires to jump?

i refuse to pay $10 if i can do it myself for free

H22A Vigor
                    SR20 Accord

Comment

i like my tape player, its not worth stealing
                      knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

get a new head unit, i got a sony drive five that kicks ass.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

well then some nice person in the states should five-finger one for you from a busted unit in some pick 'n pull.
                          '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                          EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

man just get a new radio. dont even mess with that stuff. go to bestbuy and buy a cheap radio for like $99 or get one that worth the money like an alpine or pionneer

Comment

oh i got a few stereos:

i just wanted the stock one working, which i just picked out a jumper pin thingy from the back and put it in, and working well thanks for your help, i would have never thought of the jumper haha

H22A Vigor
                              SR20 Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X