Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Removing front speaker cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing front speaker cover

Hi everyone, love the website

I just recently purchased a 90' Accord LX and I am going to replace all the speakers tommorow. I got the rear speakers out, but I couldn't get the front speaker covers off. I wedged a screwdriver in between the cover and the rest of the door, but it wouldn't pop off and I don't want to apply to much pressure and risk cracking the cover.

is there a simple way to get them off or do I need to put a lot of pressure to "snap" them off?

any help would be great.

the covers are attached by a few plastic retainers and a couple screws. first unscrew the screws and then once they're off you can pull the cover out with a little force.

i have a DX so the layout is a little different than yours, so i dunno if its exactly the same. my two screws are located on the bottom edge near the bevel and on the front side adjacent to it.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Yea, it depends. I have a 91 LX and you have to peel the door panel back to remove the retaining screws for the cover. Haynes didnt clarify that.
      She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
      Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
      Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

Comment

I don't any screws on the bottom, I guess i'll have to peel the door panel back as well.

what's the easiest way to do that?

Comment

remove the door handle (center screw, slide toward front of car), remove the peg on the flat part by the dash, screw down in the corner by the light, and a screw in the center of the pull handle. then pull panel off of the door starting from the bottom. then youll have full access to the speaker, and youll notice the grille is attached to the door panel from the back.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yea Mike. Thanks for that info. Im tired of tryin to unscrew that shit layin on the ground. I didnt know it was that easy to get the panel off.
            She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
            Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
            Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

Comment

just make sure you don't lose the caps that go over the screws. those missing ones will annoy you to death.

Comment

This is a little off topic, but it seems like everyone has problems with the front speakers (myself included).
                (\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                  just make sure you don't lose the caps that go over the screws. those missing ones will annoy you to death.
                  no biggie, just means you're going to have to head over to your nearest parts yard and get some spares...
                  My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Well, I got em off....damn it is kind of pain getting those front speakers out, but all is good.

It's weird though, because I went to a car audio shop and on the computer it said 6x9 rear 6 1/2 front but the ones in the rear are the same size as the ones in the front(6 1/2)

hopfully I can still get decent bass with small speakers in the rear though.

thanks for the help cp[mike]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
                      It's weird though, because I went to a car audio shop and on the computer it said 6x9 rear 6 1/2 front but the ones in the rear are the same size as the ones in the front(6 1/2)
                      Yeah I thought the same thing when I first got mine and looked on a few different websites turns out, correct me if I am wrong, but the only models with the 6x9s in the rear is the EX model. Later

Comment

yeah i don't trust those book things at the store...mine are 6.5 in the back and 5.25 in the front....from now on i always look first before buying speaks!
                        Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
                        Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                          Yeah I thought the same thing when I first got mine and looked on a few different websites turns out, correct me if I am wrong, but the only models with the 6x9s in the rear is the EX model. Later
                          Yup, the EX and SE models are the only ones with 6X9's in the rear.
                          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Theres a couple threads on this now... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...peaker+removal
                            (\__/)
                            (O.o )
                            (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

the lx accords are a pain in the ass to get them off, you have to take the whole panel off.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Working...
                              X