Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pioneer DEH-4800MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer DEH-4800MP

Does anyone have this in there accord. its between this and the sony CDXGT300. I know someone that has the sony and i also know someone that has the DEH-4600MP they both sound great i just wanna know if the the 4800MP and the Sony will fit in these accords. the best buy site says they dont fit but i dont believe it cuz it says the only thing that fits are these 2 marine radios (forget that i aint having some white marine radio in my car). Also if i just get the deck i assume i also have buy the wiring harness too, where could i get that if i need it?

I now know why best buy claims no deck fits, they dont have an installation kit for ANY honda......

Florida Meet Pictures!!!!!!!!

yo son, don't ever go to best buy for any car audio.

it will fit.

www.crutchfield.com ftw.

also, crutchfield.com will include a harness, and a mounting bracket for it. to make it all look stock. that's if you buy the HU from them. i bought mine from ebay, and it came with the harness and stuff, but that all depends on the seller. but the HU off of crutchfield.

and if you don't know how to install it, here's a DIY i made.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43624

Comment

Well the reason i want to get it from best buy is i have $100 gift card there and i dont need any PC parts soo what else can i spend it on.... A new HU I also have $30 off to best buy via reward zone membership. i could get away with that HU for about $20

BTW i had previously looked at your DIY and found it EXTREMELY informable, between that DIY and my dad we could get it installed no problem, i just want to make sure i know what i need and get it. Not find out in the middle of taking out my old deck and o crap i need to get a such-n-such. Plus i dont need some moron that doesnt know crap about the HU trying to explain it to me, I built my own comp when i was 15 i think i can figure out how the HU works...
      Last edited by Hijikata; 09-15-2006, 10:14 PM.

Florida Meet Pictures!!!!!!!!

Comment

I got the pioneer DEH-P3600, a little bit older but same exact size im sure. Fits nice. Ebay told me it wouldn't fit with their little bullshit fit-o-meter.

-My Baby-

Comment

Listen to npor. If i buy anything else for my car crutchfield is the place i go. Going to be buying speakers and a new deck prety soon. Going with pioneer not sure which ones. Ive been hearing the sony doesnt work that well.

My New Ride
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

About the question "will it fit?", i just want to point out that as long as the deck is considered a single "din" (size), you can find a standard bracket for your car. you can order them or even get them from best buy if they have an installation bay. Or at least they should, cause Future Shop here in Canada sure does, that is where i got mine for a '92 accord!
            BTW sony gtx 300 is a pretty nice model. I am still leary on whether or not sony can perform after bad experiences in the past, but i like the aux in front option...as for the pioneer, i am a big pioneer fan so i might be bias , but the 4600 is a good unit for basic stuff. Have no more than one or two amps? want sub control? want remote? great! want to add on monitors and playstations (or x-box...whatever) might want to look at getting something a little more versitle.
            Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
            Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Comment

Forget the website, the deck will work. You'll need a kit that takes up the space of the pocket I think or a double DIN radio (not sure anybody sells those or if they definitely fit). Talk to an installer if you're buying from BB, they'll help you out.

Comment

If you have to pick between those 2 headunits, go with the pioneer, ive never liked sony headunits, but hey its your car, pick the one that u like more, but i would get the one that has more rca outputs just in case u want to add amps later on

Comment

That's the head unit I've been looking at to get. Good balance of features and cost I think...

Comment

If you need an installation kit go to wal-mart and pick one up they carry the dash kit and wiring kit for our cars that kit will fit any single din sized radio. just go to best but and buy whichever one that you want and dont say what its going in and you'll be fine.
                    Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by 90fourdoor
                      If you need an installation kit go to wal-mart and pick one up they carry the dash kit and wiring kit for our cars that kit will fit any single din sized radio. just go to best but and buy whichever one that you want and dont say what its going in and you'll be fine.
                      troof, we got the kit from wally world and my stereo works great

Nicole
                      MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X