Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

standard head unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

standard head unit?

i'm thinking i can search this and have a few answers, but aiding in that post count, i' wanting to know if the radio has a standard size OR if there is something special to look for when looking for a cheap radio.

thinking about a cheap CD player from wal-mart.
    chris<pixelmonkey>
    there were blanks in that gun!

No....you need a dash kit whick will allow almost any headunit to be mounted inside your dash. Depending on which radio and which car you have tells you what kind of dash kit youll need.

Comment

you thinking you can search for this info and yet you decided to make a thread because you want to build up your post count?? yes you can search, as a matter of fact i did for you and i typed in headunit and came across this thread any other question? next time do search, getting your post counts up by creating such threads are not really helping this forum and its members. i would rather have a few post counts with more knowledge then someone with many post counts that just postwhores and besides theres nothing special on the other side

Comment

Yea that fact alone is why people tend not to answer your questions...if its something thats as easy as typing one word in the search funtion and skimmin through treads it might take longer but you never know the wealth of information youd find unless you search...shit a FS(for sale) thread might pop up with everything you need for cheap...gotta search dude!!

Comment

Owned... But i will help. You need a standard DIN sized headunit, with a dash kit for the best install. You can also use a Double DIN headunit, but they arent worth it.

Comment

the fact remains that i need access to post WTB parts in the WTB section. if someone here is parting out a car it's not likely a person in the beginer section will be searched down and asked if they want a part.

the grass might not be greener on the other side, but there is a hell of a lot more of it!
            chris<pixelmonkey>
            there were blanks in that gun!

Comment

Beginner forum -- New members post here!
              This is where the new members start out. In here NO question is stupid. Ask away! There are Technical/Performance, appearance, and audio subforums here as well! ALL new members with less than 30 posts are limited to this section!

Hmmmm... In here NO question is stupid. Ask away!

Quoted from the top of the Beginners Forum

I do not agree with posting just to get post numbers up. But, I also feel somewhat insulted regarding the 30 posts bit. I understand the reasons though and there are some good points for it.

I totally disagree with people who slam those about "searches" Some people are not as familiar with the search function, or do not know the proper nomenclature for what they are asking.. Give them a break.. If you do not like it, maybe you don't have to answer... let the newer guys answer.. That is how it seems to go on IMBOC, the Mustang Bullitt Forum site..

Now, how about 30 posts needed with good spelling and grammar??? Maybe I am just an old fart?
              1990 Accord EX 4dr Purchased New 8/21/90
              1999 Explorer XLT V8
              2001 Mustang Bullitt #2818

Comment

u cant argue with that one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandersd
                  Beginner forum -- New members post here!
                  This is where the new members start out. In here NO question is stupid. Ask away! There are Technical/Performance, appearance, and audio subforums here as well! ALL new members with less than 30 posts are limited to this section!

Hmmmm... In here NO question is stupid. Ask away!

Quoted from the top of the Beginners Forum

I do not agree with posting just to get post numbers up. But, I also feel somewhat insulted regarding the 30 posts bit. I understand the reasons though and there are some good points for it.

I totally disagree with people who slam those about "searches" Some people are not as familiar with the search function, or do not know the proper nomenclature for what they are asking.. Give them a break.. If you do not like it, maybe you don't have to answer... let the newer guys answer.. That is how it seems to go on IMBOC, the Mustang Bullitt Forum site..

Now, how about 30 posts needed with good spelling and grammar??? Maybe I am just an old fart?
                  well stated. Now Mr. Phoenix AZ get your ass in the regional section and get down with us fellow desert rats on the 10th!
                  90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                  Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

Working...
                  X