Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

speaker wiring issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker wiring issue

since i had my cb, the front right speaker has never worked due to the wire between the fender and the door being cut. i've tried soldering it together, but that was a very temporary fix as when i closed the door and opened it again, the thing just got cut again. recently i've had some spare time to try and fix my problem. now my question is how do i go about patching the cut connection? (best possibly way). i've done searching and i haven't found anything that has led me to a fix. though in one thread i did find that to get to the stock wiring you take off the fender liner. im just having one of those crap weeks and my head really doesn't want to work, so i have no idea how to go about unclipping it and actually what the fender liner is or where it is located. if someone could get me a writeup with some pics on how to rewire the front passenger side that would be helpful. i just need to know how to get at the wiring from the HU to the door. i plan on using 16 gauge wire to extend the messsed up stock wiring so i can feed the patch back through the doorjab and into the actual door and solder it to the existing wire on the speaker. i have a 92 ex coupe if that makes any differences. anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. later

wish i could help? go by a dealer and see if a cool experienced mechanic has had to replace that harness, or a body shop, im pretty sure its has gotten crushed in an accident or 25000 since the cb7 has been out

Comment

if you have a few extra bucks its much easier to just bring it to an audio shop to get it done. its a real pain in the butt trying to get wire through the door.
      cardomain

Comment

Take the door apart, windo up....and use a coat hanger to fish through the boot. Or remove the kick panel cover, and go through that way. Then attatch the new wires, and pull 'em through!

This is a huge pain in the ass btw....
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

y dont u jsut strip some of the old wire and then just splice it back up... then put vinyl electrical tape over the wiring. that would fix the wire
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
          my members page
          my myspace
          my car domain

Comment

i had previously tried splicing it up it didn't last long. i just got a new headunit from bestbuy and they actually did it for me. also i knew how to get the wiring from the speaker through the door panel but the part i didn't know how to do was the new wiring from the headunit through the dash to the fender and from the fender into the doorjab and to the door panel. the pros over at Bestbuy just rerouted the wiring instead of going behind the dashboard he just rewired it under the carpets and in the glovebox to get to the doorjab and did completely new wiring into the kickpanel. thanx for everyones input. and for future reference if any one finds this thread. it is a major major pita.

Comment

Originally posted by aznboi5022
              i had previously tried splicing it up it didn't last long. i just got a new headunit from bestbuy and they actually did it for me. also i knew how to get the wiring from the speaker through the door panel but the part i didn't know how to do was the new wiring from the headunit through the dash to the fender and from the fender into the doorjab and to the door panel. the pros over at Bestbuy just rerouted the wiring instead of going behind the dashboard he just rewired it under the carpets and in the glovebox to get to the doorjab and did completely new wiring into the kickpanel. thanx for everyones input. and for future reference if any one finds this thread. it is a major major pita.
              i know how it is, i am an installer and running wires in the boots is kinda a pain but i have my ways around that =)
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Solder and shrink tubing.
                i would rather be dead and cool then alive and uncool.

Comment

since it's going to be a pain in the ass almost regardless of which route you take, why don't you just start at the harness that connects to the head unit?? take out the wires from the harness that go to that speaker, and replace them with new wires...now, it'd be a MAJOR pain in the ass to actually put the new ones inside that black tubing the others are in, but you could just zip tie them to the outside of it, and then run them through the rubber boot with a clothes hanger (like maroonaccord said), and connect them to the speaker harness (after removing the old wires from that, too)?? it most defenitely is a pain in the ass, but i did it on my 97 accord and it worked fine.

Comment

long story short your gona have to replace that wire like every one has said coat hanger, welding rod anything like that u got and take the door panels off and soder it to the factory speaker plug and soder it to the other side of the vehical frame were the door doesn't swing

i've fixed lots in the door by resodering it and they have worked for years if u soder it properly but if the wires are to short now or just rotten u will have to start removing panels and replacing sorry but the best type or repair is to replace the wire as far back to were your able to splice it and it doesn't move hints door jam

good luck,,
                    Torch_ind

Comment

wut if its not the wiring harness, wut if its the speaker itself? have you tested it yet?
                      95 accord 5-speed green coupe SOLD!
                      93 H22 PRELUDE 5spd si Black

I have a JWhite retro, Do you?
                      fghgfhf

Comment

Working...
                      X