Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

looking for a stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a stereo

alright i have a 92 DX all stock, and i would like to put a better stereo in it, more or less i want one with a cd player that way i dont have to use my portable cd player and a tape converter to play cds, but i dont want to have to buy an amp and all that. what do i need to know when looking at stereos.

Florida Meet Pictures!!!!!!!!

All you need to do is go to a stereo shop, or a place like best buy/circuit city, and look for Indash CD players. They are everywhere, and everybody will tell you what brands to get/not get due to personal opinions. Sounds like you just want to play your tunes. So i just suggest whatever your budget can afford.

Comment

so any stereo will work with out an amp? cuz i remember when my brother got a new stereo for his truck he got an amp too but he also got some big subwoofer too which im not all that interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hijikata
        so any stereo will work with out an amp? cuz i remember when my brother got a new stereo for his truck he got an amp too but he also got some big subwoofer too which im not all that interested in.
        yup, you will NOT need to purchase an amp. That would be for if you want to add a subwoofer, and whatnot. Dont worry about that.

Comment

sweeeeet thanks man

Comment

and now if i just wanted to replace the speakers i have, not with anything special, would i need an amp? my back to speakers are realllllllly scratchy and crap drops off of them into my trunk all the time

Comment

and now if i just wanted to replace the speakers i have, not with anything special, would i need an amp? my back to speakers are realllllllly scratchy and crap drops off of them into my trunk all the time
              Nope, get that damn amp out of your head!!!

lol.

but really, you wont need an amp for a basic setup.

Comment

alright im just trying to cover all my bases before i go out and get something and find out i need something else to use it...

Comment

alright im just trying to cover all my bases before i go out and get something and find out i need something else to use it...
                  Only items you will need to purchase are....
                  1) Indash CD Player
                  2) Wiring Harness
                  3) Dash Install Kit (for the perfect install) or you can use the pocket as the holder.

Comment

www.onlinecarstereo.com

great prices... i suggest getting, 4 6.5" aftermarket speakers also.
                    Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

i think it's time for a wal-mart trip. thats the cheepest way homie. i got my speakers there there 2 3-ways and 2 4-ways. $60
                      I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

I have a pretty nice Pioneer headunit that would work for you. Its in great condition. It plays mp3's also.

Model is DEH-4600MP
                        1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

Originally posted by ludeude1992
                          I have a pretty nice Pioneer headunit that would work for you. Its in great condition. It plays mp3's also.

Model is DEH-4600MP
                          Thats a very nice unit ..
                          Steve, also check out upgrading the stock 6.5's in the rear, to 6x9's .. its easy as cake ..
                          The sound IMHO is much better then the 6.5's. I'm very happy with my conversion!

A Hui Hou !!!
                          Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

let me know if u want to make a trip. i have a set of infinity 6.5s and a set of pioneers 6x9s for sale. pm me when u get a chance and i wil give u all the info.pakalolohonda can vouch for me on this

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
                              pakalolohonda can vouch for me on this
                              Yep Yep ..

I mean c'mon .. who would'nt trust a guy with 3 fine ass's like those in his sig ..
                              WOOot ! Those ladies look hawt!

Zoom Zoom !!!
                              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X