Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suggestion on woofers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elositocandela
    i know jl audio is the bomb but its fucking expensive lol, i guess i buy some jl's later when i save some money, btw i am doing a ported box im going to post a DIY on the forum im almost done cutting the pieces, the jigsaw doesnt help me much and thats what i basicly have so im going with the ifinity wish me luck
    dude...either use a jig with the jigsaw, or use a circular saw.

PM for details..or if you need help; im pretty darn good with boxes.

Comment

the problem is the jigsaw is the only one i have, i have a round saw but no table to put it on so that doesnt help either lol

Comment

the problem is the jigsaw is the only one i have, i have a round saw but no table to put it on so that doesnt help either lol
        wait, so you have a circular saw? like one out of a table, but with no table, or one that you're supposed to use by hand?

Comment

One by hand, but they do have tables for those, is just that I don’t have it. But it works pretty fine

Comment

One by hand, but they do have tables for those, is just that I don’t have it. But it works pretty fine
            make a jig and use that, that's what i did. all it takes is some careful measuring. PM me if you want details or anything.

Comment

go with 12 inch JL in there ported wedge box that what i got now with my type r s 6/9 and 5 1/4 sounds amazing

Comment

mtx audio FTW

Comment

I personally like sony xplod and mtx. not together both those are the two i chose from. But out of the four links you left i would say MTX with a nice amp.

My New Ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

90% finished on the box, i have been layz and have not finished it completely but will finish soon

Comment

Infinity!!!!!!

Get an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 DVQ. Has the best sound quality I have heard. Now it won't hit as hard as an JL W6 or W7, but has better frequency range and is an more versitale sub. I had an JL W6 12" in sealed box running on an Hi-Phonics 400x2, hit really hard but clarity of was not to my liking. Infinity hands down, better sound at a fraction of the cost. If you can find an early model Hi-Phonics Mean Machine or Street Machine 400x2 I highly recommend these amps, all the power you will ever need trust me.

Comment

i want something that hits hard and clear
                        what would yall recommend if i was lookin to spend like 100-200$ per sub? and the amp to go with it?
                        the car i have came from the last owner with new door/rear speakers so its giving me a little more money to spend

Comment

Massive. Great speakers for a good price. check out the site

www.massiveaudio.com

They dont sell these subs everywhere, so u have to locate a dealer... but i got a 12 inch sub and a box for 100 bucks

Comment

i got two 12's type R and they pound man damn makes everything rattle hahaha
                            1991 Honda Accord LX reppin' vancouver 604

Comment

Type Rs are nice .

But they aren't as power hungry as the Type Xs.

I know this thread is old, but just some extra information for the noobs...
                              A ported box means that your box will be tuned for a specific frequency, so your hardest and loudest audio will be at the Frequency.

Rock and Roll is around 80Hz, Hip Hop is around 35Hz, Most Dance music I find is around 60Hz.

Also remember the lower the hertz, the more powered required to drive the sub.
                              Fuzz :: eFuzz.ca
                              Kevin 'Fuzz' G
                              Maker of Drift Videos... OOooohhhhh Yeeeaaa!

98 CG3 - Dropped, Rimmed, & Kit
                              92 CB7 EX-R - Dropped, 'Weight Reduction'.
                              I'm New Here, be nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X