Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radio Won't Accept Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Won't Accept Code

Hey everyone,
    I got a stock factory tape deck and I recieved a code from the Honda Dealership. I tried entering the code multiple times and it didn't go through. Finally went back and the guy said he gave me the wrong code and looked up the code again and finally gave me the correct code. So I tried the new code and it didn't work. Went to another dealership to comfirm the code for the tape deck and they said it was correct. This code isn't going through at all. Wtf is going on?

Throw it away, Buy a nice HU

Comment

Don't you have to put it in twice? If no one responds after the weekend, I can check my files as I have a spare EX HU with the card and booklet showing the steps, if the code is in fact correct.
      '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
      EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

I punched it in 3 times and it didn't work.

Let me know

Comment

i thought i heard that if the wrong code is put in or tampered with its useless? Im probably wrong but thats what i heard?

Comment

Maybe do this. Take the car to the dealer. Grab one of the service guys --- not a tech but one of those dorks that takes your keys and starts the paperwork.

Tell the dork, "Hey I got this code from [insert name of the dork]". Show me how to enter the code, please. You dork."
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
              Maybe do this. Take the car to the dealer. Grab one of the service guys --- not a tech but one of those dorks that takes your keys and starts the paperwork.

Tell the dork, "Hey I got this code from [insert name of the dork]". Show me how to enter the code, please. You dork."
              ^^ I would try that.. DORKS!

Comment

If the code doesn't work...it's not the right code, period. Take it to the dealer and make them put it in, when they enter it and it doesn't work, they'll get you the right code. If you enter the code 5 times incorrectly, you must reset the radio by unplugging it or the battery.

-Kyle
                SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Go to the dealer as mentioned...and dont forget to bring your insurance and crap that shows the car is yours.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

They do that shit every now and then. I had the same exact problem not too long ago. I took it to Honda and had one of the dorks do it. I got it done for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier
                      If the code doesn't work...it's not the right code, period. Take it to the dealer and make them put it in, when they enter it and it doesn't work, they'll get you the right code. If you enter the code 5 times incorrectly, you must reset the radio by unplugging it or the battery.

-Kyle

this is true,
                      aight back to the retarded honda dealership.

Comment

did you get your problem fixed yet?

if the incorrect code is entered 3 times then it goes into anti-theft mode (like anyone is gonna steal a stock radio lol). you would then have to wait for an hour until it resets itself or unhook the positive battery cable.

Comment

Try reseting it. Like take out the battery or something. Or... the whole HU (pain in the @$$) but you should only have to do it once. Good luck!

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

too much hassle, I just bought an aftermarket HU.

Comment

Working...
                            X