Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bought a 93 accord. need help with dash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a 93 accord. need help with dash!

I just bought a 93 accord. Before i bought it, it had been broken into and the bezel that goes around the cd player is cracked! Basically what ive got is a vacant hole where the CD player goes. What exactly do i need to get this repaired?! I'm not sure if I have the mounting brackets for the cd player or not? Anyone know where to get those?

i know i dont have a whole lot of information, but any info you guys can give would be greatly appreciated! I've never even seen the inside of an accord till i bought this one!

can you take a picture? the dash bezel surrounds the gauges, air vents, radio, all the way down to the ashtray and cig lighter. is that the part thats cracked? or is the radio assembly just missing?

good thing is, its all relatively cheap to replace. id say buy a used dash bezel (check out the For Sale section on here, but you need 30+ posts before you can post in the classifieds sections) or call local junkyards/salvage yards. once you have the main bezel replaced, you can get a CD deck installation kit from crutchfield.com or bestbuy that snaps right in, and lets you mount and install an aftermarket cd player pretty effortlessly. if you pick up a Haynes repair manual from autozone/advance auto, it explains step by step with pictures how to remove the dash bezel. people have also discussed it a few times, use the search tool at the top and try searching for things like "dash bezel" or "dash trim" ...

you could get the OEM radio mounting brackets, but they only work with the stock radio...

btw, welcome to cb7tuner! you should post up pictures of your new ride

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Awesome thanks for the great help! It's technically the womans car, but I will get some pics of it up! I appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by wholiman
        Awesome thanks for the great help! It's technically the womans car, but I will get some pics of it up! I appreciate the help!
        no problem man. if you start looking for a new bezel, you might want to know that you can only use one from a 92 or a 93 accord. even though the 90 and 91 accords look and seem identical to most people, they arent. their bezels wont fit over your steering column where are you located?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

The Dalles OR. Its right on the border with washington approx 80 east of portland

Comment

I would just bring it by my house and ill help you out, im not the best at electric shit, but ive replaced my bezel before. Im sure with both of us we can figure out the damn steering wheel.
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              no problem man. if you start looking for a new bezel, you might want to know that you can only use one from a 92 or a 93 accord. even though the 90 and 91 accords look and seem identical to most people, they arent. their bezels wont fit over your steering column where are you located?
              I didn't know that.. Thanks for the good info.
              I searched and came up with..

Honda OEM Part number
              90-91 77200-SM4-A02ZA
              91-93 77200-SM2-A83ZA
              92-93 77200-SM4-A80ZA
              Last edited by accordmaniac; 07-15-2006, 10:18 PM.
              1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                I would just bring it by my house and ill help you out, im not the best at electric shit, but ive replaced my bezel before. Im sure with both of us we can figure out the damn steering wheel.
                When you installing the dash bezel remove the steering wheel column cover and it will fit without any problem!
                1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

never had that problem and ive taken mine out like 10 times, i only have like 4 screws holding mine in for fast removal :P

Comment

what you could do..is go to a junkyard at like 2 in the morning...and get one for free.

Comment

tsk tsk....encouraging theft...not good

jk

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                      Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                      by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                        what you could do..is go to a junkyard at like 2 in the morning...and get one for free.
                        We live like 1 1/2 hrs from a junk yard which doesnt usually have to many cb7s in it, maybe 1 once and a while if we get lucky. And i dont condone stealing, i hate people he steal. Specially for a part that isnt even more than 30 dollars. Karm is a bitch.

Comment

We live like 1 1/2 hrs from a junk yard which doesnt usually have to many cb7s in it, maybe 1 once and a while if we get lucky. And i dont condone stealing, i hate people he steal. Specially for a part that isnt even more than 30 dollars. Karm is a bitch.

LOL! Thanks for all the good info EVERYONE!!! DOUGHNUT, I'll get ahold of you sometime this next week!

Comment

If everything goes through like its suppose to, i should have a 92 accord lx. So if you want the steering column we can work something out and if your bezel is broken too.

Comment

If everything goes through like its suppose to, i should have a 92 accord lx. So if you want the steering column we can work something out and if your bezel is broken too.

NICE JUAN! LMK what you would want for them!

Comment

Working...
                              X