Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fuse question for H/U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse question for H/U

I have question about fuse. Is it fine to use a 30 amp fuse instead of 20 amp fuse for direct power from the battery to the H/U? My H/U is Alpine cda-7894, and the installation guide says that I need to use 20 amp fuse. How does a fuse work? Is it the bigger the amp the better it take the current?

I am using streetwire cable with an AGU fuse holder and the kit came with one 30 amp AGU fuse. I searched at my local electronic store, autozone and they do not have a 20 amp AGU fuse. Do they make 20 Amp AGU fuse?

Help would be appreciated.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/wfc2.htm
    No its not ok to use a bigger than necessary fuse. That would defeat the purpose of the fuse. In fact, its better to use a smaller fuse than a larger one.
    Did you check an electronics store?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord
      http://auto.howstuffworks.com/wfc2.htm
      No its not ok to use a bigger than necessary fuse. That would defeat the purpose of the fuse. In fact, its better to use a smaller fuse than a larger one.
      Did you check an electronics store?
      I checked electronic stores and asked the clerk and they said that there are no 20 amp AGU fuse. They said that AGU fuse are rated min 30 amp, 40 amp and 60 amp.

Comment

Originally posted by bowzil
        I checked electronic stores and asked the clerk and they said that there are no 20 amp AGU fuse. They said that AGU fuse are rated min 30 amp, 40 amp and 60 amp.
        he is full of shit there is one right here in front of me, and heres one online http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...32247242249238
        FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
          he is full of shit there is one right here in front of me, and heres one online http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...32247242249238
          That was what I thought, too. Because I told the clerk that on the internet they have it, but still they 100% sure that there are not any AGU fuse with 20 amp. Well since I am not an expert in this, I just got out from the store with a lot of confusion . Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Those alpine head units dont really require that you use the 10 gauge wire. Stock wire is fine BUT its safer to use the 10 gauge. If you cant find 20amp AGU just get a blade fuse holder and it should come with 2 pieces of 10 gauge wire on the ends and use that.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
              Those alpine head units dont really require that you use the 10 gauge wire. Stock wire is fine BUT its safer to use the 10 gauge. If you cant find 20amp AGU just get a blade fuse holder and it should come with 2 pieces of 10 gauge wire on the ends and use that.

Is it this kind of fuse holder?

The one that I got is this one:

Thanks for the help

Comment

Yes thats the type of fuse holder, just take off the agu fuse holder that came with your kit and use the blade type holder and ur problems are sloved. Also the blade fuses are cheaper if u do manage to blow the one that you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                  Yes thats the type of fuse holder, just take off the agu fuse holder that came with your kit and use the blade type holder and ur problems are sloved. Also the blade fuses are cheaper if u do manage to blow the one that you are using.
                  Thanks that is really helping me.

Comment

Yea with fuses if you dont have the right size always go smaller because if you use a larger fuse and god forbid you have a problem the fuse wont blow and in turn the wire will start to burn and damage everything in contact with that wire. On the other hand with a smaller fuse it will def. blow the fuse. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                    X