Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bose sound system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bose sound system

So I have a 1993 accord se and I was wondering if I should keep the bose sound system or just get some new stuffs. New amp, new speakers, new stereo; the works. I read around the board that I should pick up alpine type s' or infinity kappas. I'm on a budget so what do you guys think?

well what do you want to do?

you can get a new deck and 4 speakers and that will suit you.

no matter what if you upgrade that deck u have to upgrade the 4 speakers due to the ohms that they run at. if u upgrade the deck and not speakers then you wont hear it as much.

bose sounds good but its old news, upgrade and you should be cool.

id just do a deck and 4 speakers and call it a day, unless u want some bass.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Yea i have a 93 se and when i bought it all 4 speaks and amp was blown so i switched out with a Pioneer 6700 and pioneer speakers in the door and rockwoods in the back...getting ready to change the interiors to either all Pioneer or all MTX and get my sub going again! Maybe a center channel in the dash

Fuk bose! Post some pics of your ride homie!!!

Comment

alpinr type S and infinity kappa aren't in the same category

and type R and infinity reference serie are in the same price range.

type S are cheaper than the type R
        and reference serie are cheaper than kappa

between type R and reference, I take type R, but you have to find a way to make them fit in the front.

so that's why I have them in the rear and reference in the front...

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
          well what do you want to do?

you can get a new deck and 4 speakers and that will suit you.

no matter what if you upgrade that deck u have to upgrade the 4 speakers due to the ohms that they run at. if u upgrade the deck and not speakers then you wont hear it as much.

bose sounds good but its old news, upgrade and you should be cool.

id just do a deck and 4 speakers and call it a day, unless u want some bass.
          Yeah I figure that's what I'll do but what deck and speakers should I look into?

Originally posted by Ralphie
          Fuk bose! Post some pics of your ride homie!!!
          lol I'll start posting up pics when I'm done fixing it up.

Originally posted by Dan89
          between type R and reference, I take type R, but you have to find a way to make them fit in the front.

so that's why I have them in the rear and reference in the front...
          hrmmm sounds good. I'll check that out.

Anyway once I get the new deck and speakers how hard is the wiring going to be?

Comment

Depends whether you want to stay OEM or not. I believe the amp is under the passenger seat if I recall that correctly. Those can go bad as well.

Places such as: http://carstereohelp.com/honda.htm
            repair the HU and amps, if going OEM. Otherwise, remove the amp and all speakers and the HU.
            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

i'd take all that old crap out, and start from scratch
              if you want the best sound, dont use the head unit to power speakers. just get a 50x4 amp and call it a day. using the head unit to drive speakers can clip that amp, cause it to get really hot, and make some cruddy sound. a small amp shouldnt be too much, and it will be a great starting point if you ever decide to buy subs, cuz subs+unamplified mids and highs=teh lose.

Comment

No highs, no lows. Must be Bose.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
                  Depends whether you want to stay OEM or not. I believe the amp is under the passenger seat if I recall that correctly. Those can go bad as well.
                  the amp is in the trunk under the deck on drivers side.
                  HSAE (H Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying Breed" #19

Comment

Originally posted by 92hondaraticp
                    the amp is in the trunk under the deck on drivers side.
                    Yep, saw it there when I was cleaning my car. Anyway back on topic. Where should I got to purchase them speakers and such? Any good cheap sites?

Comment

the bose system in my car didnt work, the amp is blown anyway I got infinitys all around and a pioneer 6600 deck and it also cost an extra 100$ to rewire the car because of the amp. btw the bose speakers are 4 ohm origonay I just had the back and the deck changed and the front sounded nasty and I got 6.5" put in the bose front ones are only like 2.5", there shit

My Members Ride Page

Comment

I'm about to get the Infinity Kappa 693.7i for the rear deck and the 42.7i for the front off of ebay. Then once payday comes around I'm going to either get a Clarion DXZ865MP or Pioneer DEH-P9800BT. I figure I might as well get an amp but how about the wiring? I know the SE's wiring is totally different from the other trims. Is there any place I can go to do this or will I be able to do it myself? Thanks guys.

Comment

Wiring will be a cinch (sp? sinch?) Do you have a Haynes manual? Use that. Of all things to do yourself, Mobile Electronics is in the one thing.
                          Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Originally posted by thisguyneil
                            I'm about to get the Infinity Kappa 693.7i for the rear deck and the 42.7i for the front off of ebay. Then once payday comes around I'm going to either get a Clarion DXZ865MP or Pioneer DEH-P9800BT. I figure I might as well get an amp but how about the wiring? I know the SE's wiring is totally different from the other trims. Is there any place I can go to do this or will I be able to do it myself? Thanks guys.
                            i forgot which one but the kappas i tried to fit in my rears, 6x9 didnt fit, too wide and deep.

the reference sounds pretty clean.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                              i forgot which one but the kappas i tried to fit in my rears, 6x9 didnt fit, too wide and deep.

the reference sounds pretty clean.
                              Seriously? Crutchfield said it fits so I figured that it would. I'll look more into it in the morning. Figure i can just have the kappas in front and the reference in back if anything. Save me some money too.

Comment

Working...
                              X