Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about Powered Subs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Powered Subs...

Hey guys...

Does anyone have/dealt with Pre-Powered Subs? Im looking into buying Subwoofers for the Accord but i dont want to sacrifice my Trunk Space much, and plus then weight issues come into effect as well.

I was looking into the Alpine PLV-7 LAT Subwoofer System, and was wondering if this piece alone or ANY system similar are actually equivalent to what they claim (Similar sound and power as 2 12" Subs)

Please let me know, thanks!

Heres the link of the system i was checking out: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-J8QcjFZ...1000&I=500PLV7
    [JHM]H22CB7

500watts for $700, i think you can do better than that. i never knew anyone who had a powered sub so i cant really comment on that, but im sure you are paying extra because its powered. i say for the same price (if you are worried about trunk space and weight) get one good 10" and an amp. you'll probably save money and and have a harder hitting system and it might weight less than the powered-sub

Comment

Yea that is to much. If you want some bass but with room and weight saving, you should get some alpine 6x9's with an amp. It is cheaper and will be light and you will have an empty trunk.

Comment

what kind of speaker is that... never seen that b4. anyway, if you do think about getting 6x9's get the alpine. its all on your taste of hearing on what type to get either the type s or r. I believe they have type e 6x9's too. the type s is a 4-way speaker, as for the type r its 3-way. Just go to any stereo store and listen to it.

Comment

Hey thanks for the suggestions guys...

Yeah ive been contemplating whether or not to go the power sub route. I current have Alpine Type R 6x9's in the rear deck along with Type S 6.5's with 2 tweeters in the front. All of which is powered by an Alpine 7990 Headunit and a 4Ch. Alpine V12 MRV F540 amp. So im good in terms of the high's and quality. Its just a matter of getting subs now to meet the lower frequencies.

I was thinking about going with a 10' powered by a Alpine MDR Mono amp, but then again im not sure yet. Problem is basically trunk space, cuz i use my trunk quite a bit and cant really do without space, but then again i was thinking of having a "Plug and play" subwoofer setup where i could disconnect the wires and keep the trunk space when i need it...

But then again, your all right for $700 USD i can do much better in terms of my moneys worth...
          [JHM]H22CB7

Comment

a bazooka tube will give u a bit of bass for 200 bucks....its not trunk rattling, but it will sound good.

also u can get the infinity bass link which is a self powerd sub and hits nice for like 300 bucks.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X