Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what speakers do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two sony 6.5s in the front and 2 sony 6x9s in the back with a 4/3 channel 600w amp and an 800w ten in a custom vented box I made.
    It sounds excellent and I just upgraded the 6x9s from 6.5s so if you want some sony 6.5s pm me a price shipped.
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

Hey... yeah if your looking for great sound and quality, imo i'd go for the Alpine Type R or S series. I recently picked up Alpine Type-R SPR-69LP for the Rear Deck along with Alpine Type-S SPS171A for the Front. Amazing system. Although Alpine may be a bit pricey, ive come to love them....Along for the reason i get 25% on all Alpine Components from a Friend who works for 2001 Audio Video here in Toronto.

My system is pretty much powered by my main HU: Old School Alpine 7909 (One of the best Units produced in its time, amazing HU for competitions, competes with almost all of the HU's of now along with its brother the 7990, and the McIntosh series). Ive got everything hooked up to my Alpine MRV F540 4Ch. Amp.

But yeah...enough bragging i guess, go for Alpine...Ive had a great experience with them, especially when moving up from The OEM Honda Speakers, then my old Kaptions.

Hope this helped.
      [JHM]H22CB7

Comment

audiobahn

i had a infinity kappa component set-up and 2 kappa 10's. i sold it, and am going to put in a simpler. i bought audiobahns for a friend and hooked up a sony tape deck in a jeep, and i was impressed with just power from the deck. i could turn it way up with little distortion. so now im putting in 5.25 in front doors with 70 watts each and probably 6.5 in the back with 70 watts each. i might step-up with another amp and runs two audiobahns 6x9's at 180 watts rms for some bass. i am currently putting in new carpet and probably paint/dye door panels.
        i also put dynamatt extreme on the rear deck.

Comment

I've always been a fan of Alpine's myself

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
            i had a infinity kappa component set-up and 2 kappa 10's. i sold it, and am going to put in a simpler. i bought audiobahns for a friend and hooked up a sony tape deck in a jeep, and i was impressed with just power from the deck. i could turn it way up with little distortion. so now im putting in 5.25 in front doors with 70 watts each and probably 6.5 in the back with 70 watts each. i might step-up with another amp and runs two audiobahns 6x9's at 180 watts rms for some bass. i am currently putting in new carpet and probably paint/dye door panels.
            i also put dynamatt extreme on the rear deck.
            if you just want to eliminate rattles, take something cheaper, it's not a door panel or a trunk, you don't need to stop sound from passing in the rear deck.

Dynamat is more common than other brands, that's why alot of people put it in there car. take a look at this link
            http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/conclusion/

Comment

-Focal
              -MB Quart
              -Rainbow
              -Canton
              -A/D/S
              -CDT
              Last edited by Legacy Accord; 07-01-2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I PREFER 12in BUT IM BEATIN 15in L7

Comment

eclipse, Infinity, Alpine, Focal, Boston Acoustic, CDT all good speakers. check out onlinecarstereo.com for some good deals.
                  My members ride thread

Comment

Boston Acoustics, MB Quart, and Dynaudio
                    My Accord
                    www.d1imports.com

Comment

I also have Alpine type r's 6.5 in front and 6x9's in back. That was the first thing I did when I got my car was get a sound system. Great speakers in my opinion

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

4 "dual" speakers. because that all I can afford

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                        X