Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

any one herd of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mondojackal
    audiobahn* and yes..you are the man...haha
    i have some old school (circa '96) kicker solobarics. great subs
    they take soo much punishment (400+wRMS instead of the rated 300wRMS) and just dish out the volume. i'd never trade them if i have that choice.
    thanks mondo for the correct spelling. i knew it looked wrong when i typed it.

maybe one of these days i'll be able to afford some new JLs or if I'm really rich, some REs! How about 2 RE XXX 15s? That would probably blow my spoiler into orbit! Yes!!!
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Pint
      For the 100 bucks you could spend on Legacy spend it on someone like prescion audio (spelled it wrong sorry) its by the same people who make kicker and they handle alot of abuse. Im running at 500watts bridged 2 ohms and they fuckin bump. They have actually broken the plexi on my case 2 times before when i had a friend's mtx amp.
      Not to doubt you on anything but I would like to know the thickness of the plexi on your box. When people say that I am very curious on the thickness because they do range from 1/8" to over an inch in thickness.

Breaking a thin piece of plexi is nothing when you push it beyond its limits.

And yes these legacy speakers and subs play good or very good right now but how long will they last at the same volume? Why are they so cheap? Why dosent any serious audio person reccomend them?
      these are the question's you need to ask yourself.

Comment

actually thats a good question my plexi thickness is 3/4 of an inch thick i had to go a measure it. this is also good to know because when i replace it i am going to need to increase the size....

Bruno do you have an autozone or pep boys in your area? If you do, take a look in the audio section they will have some legacy products there...They arent very good but they work...i guess that sorta counts when your broke as a joke.
        JustBlaze

Comment

Originally posted by lilbluecb7
          has any one ever herd of legacy subs?? cuz i have two 10's and they sound pretty good. i just want to know if any one has had these and have any info
          Hey I like my Sony Xplods from Wal-Mart just fine. If it sounds good to you man just roll with it until you want something better or go deaf.
          Either way people don't need to flame on about such a simple question.
          that's childish.
          (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
          Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
          My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Pint
            actually thats a good question my plexi thickness is 3/4 of an inch thick i had to go a measure it. this is also good to know because when i replace it i am going to need to increase the size....

Bruno do you have an autozone or pep boys in your area? If you do, take a look in the audio section they will have some legacy products there...They arent very good but they work...i guess that sorta counts when your broke as a joke.
            you broke 3/4" plexi with some ghetto subs? i doubt it, unless its some crazy cheap plexi.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
              you broke 3/4" plexi with some ghetto subs? i doubt it, unless its some crazy cheap plexi.
              Well I work with plexi and lexan all day and I highly doubt you broke 3/4 inch plexi also. I stood on 3/4 plexi and it didnt break or bend and I weigh around 190ish or so.

And another thing is I know about the products at autozone and pepboys and I talked to the employees there, I asked them if anyone ever buys those things, the simple answer is NO, its the same thing been there for ages with no one buying them.

Im not saying Legacy is the worse product line in the world but when it comes down to quailty for your money or inovation's in design they dont come out half way decent.

We pay more money for our MTX, Kicker, MB Quarts, Diamonds, Rainbow, Arc, Zapco, and RE to name a few but the money spent there is saved in the long run because you dont have to replace the burnt subs or blown amps.

Comment

It must have been because when i broke the plexi it broke it enough so it doesnt hold a seal anymore...i have pictures somewhere but i cant find them at the moment...If i cant find them ill take a picture of the crack now....its got ugly silicone all over in an attempt to keep it sealed but you can still sorta see it.

BTW i have KW-12's and they arent that bad...cheaper yes but the equivelent of CVR's..maybe not in quailty but you cant really tell the difference when you listen to it..
                Last edited by Half-Pint; 06-14-2006, 01:06 AM.
                JustBlaze

Comment

i got two MASSIVE 12 inch massive subs...there really good and im sure no one has never heard them cause they're from europe...so dont worry about no one hearing about your brand of subs...as long as they sound good...'nuff said. --josh
                  from f22 to H22. still love the cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                    Well I work with plexi and lexan all day and I highly doubt you broke 3/4 inch plexi also. I stood on 3/4 plexi and it didnt break or bend and I weigh around 190ish or so.

And another thing is I know about the products at autozone and pepboys and I talked to the employees there, I asked them if anyone ever buys those things, the simple answer is NO, its the same thing been there for ages with no one buying them.

Im not saying Legacy is the worse product line in the world but when it comes down to quailty for your money or inovation's in design they dont come out half way decent.

We pay more money for our MTX, Kicker, MB Quarts, Diamonds, Rainbow, Arc, Zapco, and RE to name a few but the money spent there is saved in the long run because you dont have to replace the burnt subs or blown amps.
                    werd on that last paragraph!
                    and yeah, those two subs would not create a high enough pressure to crack plexi. i doubt even my c-series solobarics would do that, or anything close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by BADACCORDLX
                      if u know how to tune and tweak a system u can make them sound like a million bucks. i understand u are on a budget but its best to save up and get somethin that has a good rep or just build your system piece by piece
                      Thats not always true. Legcay subs (or any low budget sub) is going to sound like any superior sub (W7, XXX, D9...etc). The subs are meant for low budget system and will no where near sound like a high dollar sub.

Ill quote from my favorite saying ' You get what you pay for'

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles
                        Thats not always true. Legcay subs (or any low budget sub) is going to sound like any superior sub (W7, XXX, D9...etc). The subs are meant for low budget system and will no where near sound like a high dollar sub.

Ill quote from my favorite saying ' You get what you pay for'
                        He is right, tho. The installation makes the system, not the equipment used in it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                        X