Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about my speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about my speakers.

I have 2 kenwood 150 watt in the front, 2 kenwood 350 watt in the back and a pioneer premier headunit. I wanted to know if this is ok because I think these speakers arent working very well, the bass sounds kinda crappy and rattly. Do I need an amp or anything?
    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

It's a tough call with the limited details you've given us. How long have you owned the speakers? Have they ever made this noise before? Did you install the speakers yourself? What is the rated RMS power?

Underpowering speakers, alot of audio techs will tell you, is a very bad thing. Many also claim blown speakers from underpowering. I just can't believe it myself. I mean how? But I digress... If your speakers are new and make this irritating buzz like an angry fly, then you either have a scratch on the woofer or have cracked the woofer completely.

If that's not it, check your connections. Be sure you put positive to positive and so on. Also make sure that your connections are very solid. If you fused two wires, then solder them together. If that's not an option, make good friends with electrical tape and do a DAMN GOOD JOB taping the wires together. Make sure to twist them and intertwine them for a little added strength and better connection.

Check your HU connections as well. Those eliminated, try messing with the settings on your HU to see if something isn't programmed right.

An amp is nifty for pushing your component speakers to a really good SQ level. Or at the very least for increasing the amount of noise you can make with em. It's a good idea to have an amp, but not necessary at all. I ran an Infinity/Audiobahn set-up in my old car with an old pioneer HU rated at 40w max per channel. After messing with the equalizer for awhile, music actually sounded pretty good. And most importantly, it never blew up.

Give it a few hours and I'm sure there will be TONS of people here to dispute about half the stuff I've said.
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

how do i make sure i got the polarities right on them? they arent blown or anything, i got them last year and i never turn it up really loud. only problem that pisses me off is when i turn up the bass it sounds crappy inside because it starts making rattling noises when the bass hits hard.

Comment

No, you cant blow speakers from underpowering them. That's like saying " I blew my speakers when i turned the volume down."
        To check the polarities, I disconnected one speaker in the rear and got hella more bass. So i flipped the wires around on the speaker i disconnected and got cleaner bass. I don't know about the front speakers, tho it should work the same.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
          brown/white is right negative, while gray/white is left negative. for fun an easy way to remember: most hondas the front speaker wires will have a black stripe for negative an a green stipe on the positive wire while the rears will have a white stripe for negative a yellow for positive

speaking of polarity, i found this ^^^ and quoted it from another thread.. you might have some of your speakers wires mixed up..

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

which one is negative on the kenwood wires? theres a gray with a blue stripe and a gray with a red stripe on the rear speakers.

Comment

red is universal as far as polarity goes. Red = Positive. Some speaker wires are retarded and don't do this though. One wire has a strip of black, and the other is blank. Well Black is universal negative. Just take a peek at your battery connections and the covers!
              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
              X