Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No Fit? What the heck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average install for a deck at a shop is around $45 on up
    Average install for a pair of speakers (basic drop in) at a shop is around $30 on up

Street price for deck install is around $20-30
    Street price install for speakers is around $10-15

Street prices are based on what I have seen and heard of in my own experiences.

Crutchfield gives you very good instructions on how to replace the radio so if you're decent at all with a set of tools, I'd try it myself. I did our '99 Sebring by myself with no problems (deck and 4 speakers).

Comment

or you can do it yourself for the price of about 1 hour(depends on radio) and the supplies needed

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I say do it yourself...but even if you decide not too... Best Buy and Circuit City include the install (The Labor At Least... not the dash kit etc...) in the price.
        What this guy said about the sony ^^^^^ just another reason to buy the warranty.
        Oh, and buy the way... I resent being called "brainwashed..." Just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to be an asshole.
        Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

It wasn't against you per say.. just stating a fact. I was the same way when I worked for them and when I left.... It's the fact that they push you so much to sell them, you believe that you NEED it. You don't.

Manufacturer warranty is good enough in most cases. I will CONSIDER buying an extended warranty on 3 occasions:

1) In-home service (not applicable here)
          2) Less than 20% of the cost of the unit
          3) Lemon protection

Did I buy a PSP on my Pioneer 6700... no. I bought it from Crutchfield with:

1) no taxes
          2) free shipping
          3) free harness
          4) free dash kit
          5) free install sheets
          6) free customer service to help me install if I got snagged.

Comment

You have a P6700MP? Me too... I love it. And actually I hated working at Best Buy... I just liked actually installing stuff. I just think that a Warranty will pay itself off... I bought one for my P6700MP.
            Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Yes sir. Great radio

Comment

Working...
              X